1/11 Morris AMPS 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2029

I wish I could have faith that this preshot number is correct but I have been getting readings up and down since I opened the new package of strips last night. cat(2)_steam I tested myself before I tested Morris and the number "seems" OK but I'd say it's a good thing Morris is on a very tiny dose at this time.

Just to recap if you haven't read yesterdays condo, I opened a new pack of Reli-on strips. When I bought the strips, I bought 2 packs, one was the regular old packaging and second one had new packaging that mentions a new meter called Confirm. The packaging says "Confirm/micro test strips for use with ReliOn Confirm and Micro blood glucose meters only." I have the Micro meter. However, the very first one out of the box gave me a 65. I fed a bit of gravy to bring him up since I was going out and congratulated myself that the dose reduction was a good thing. Then after waiting 30 minutes, I retest and he was 278, then 308 five minutes later....no way was that a food spike! So the 65 was a false reading and Morris had a nice mc snack. When I came home (an hour late for PM shot ) he was 270.

So during the night, at +7, I tested him and he was 69....retested he was 83...quite a variance from one minute to the next on the same ear. Wish I had a second meter....well I have three other meters but no strips for them....lol :lol:

Now this morning he's 106 and I'd be pleased as punch if I could believe it. :-x

He also has to go to the vet today because he still has puddingpoos and he's been on the probiotics for three days and I don't see much difference. :cry:

Happy to hear anyone's thoughts on the strip issue, whether those BG readings could possibly be right, as well as the poo issue :smile:

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I noticed the new packaging quite awhile ago but my strips have been okay....never heard of that
    meter they mention...we use the Reli-on micro too. Best thing is to test again if you question the readings,
    but then you are suing more strips...I remember getting a very low reading one day with Shadow, now that I think about it...
    but it's been ok since then.
    Good luck at the vets today....dress warmly for your trip--will only be gong up to like 48 here later.... brrrr...
    at least the sun is out though!

3. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

sending good vet vines for Morris!

4. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I always buy two boxes when I buy them and get two new when I open the last one so I'm due to buy today anyway. Just wondering if I should buy the solutions for verifying the accuracy...forget what that's called...having brain farts all morning here! :lol: I WAS going to use the strips with the new packaging first last time around so I would have the second box as spare if they were wonky....course I forgot that the minute I got home.. ohmygod_smile

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Now I'm really sure about these strips being bad....tested at +2.5 and got 309 in the left ear and 225 in the right! cat(2)_steam

Spoke to the vet's office....she's in surgery all day today but they are leaving a message on her desk about whether she needs to see Morris or not...they will call back. Why does all this stuff have to happen at one time???? :sad:

6. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

In my opinion, with a micro dose, the only dose that I myself would hesitate to shoot would be in the 40's or lower. Lantus and Levemir both like low flat curves, you're not going to get a drop from shooting a 90 that you will when shooting a 300.
    Deb and Spot and Cassandra and Sasha are good examples of shooting low to stay low.

Also remember, with a micro dose, there really isn't a lower number that a bite ore two of LC won't bring up.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My Raja is always elevated at the vet office...does Morris get vet stress at all? It must be stressful
    leaving your warm house and going to vet office...I dunno..
    The Reli-On micro solution has to be ordered from their 800 number (found int he little manual)...they ship it to you free I think...
    it is not available for purchase in the store....

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Brenda, I use the ReliOn Ultima. My test strips come with a strip you insert to calibrate the meter. I have only had one problem and Walmart replaced the box. Good luck hope you solve the problem.

9. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

I use the Aviva so I can't help on the test strips. Hope you get it figured out though.

Nice blue if it's true :smile:

10. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Went to Walmart...the pharmacy manager put me on the phone with the 800 # on the box. After many questions and being transferred to tech support, they are sending out a new box of strips along with the control solution...didn't know you could request that at any time for free...good to know. :smile:

In the meantime, I bought a new box of strips with a different lot # along with a box of strips for my Bayer Contour. I hated to spend the extra money on the Contour strips, but how else can I know the number is right if I doubt it? Came home and tested him...the ReliOn read 296 and the Contour read 304, a difference of 8 points, close enough for me! :lol:

So I don't really know what numbers were correct for the last day since that 65 at +10 yesterday...I am suspecting any number under 200 is bogus. :cry: :cry:

Still haven't heard from the vet about the other matter...she usually returns all calls after the work day unless it's an emergency so it will probably be after supper before I hear from her. I feel a nap coming on.... I-)

11. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I used that meter years ago .... maybe I should go back to it ....didn't know it was still made! I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Brenda & Morris in their freezing environment!!! The cats have to be confused as far as your temps go there in Sunny confused_cat :?: :?:
    FLORIDA!!! Wonder if it is affecting Mr Morris's Bg & poop production??--Sending good health & good number vibes to you from up here in brrrrrr
    NY! HUGS~! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

13. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/11 Morris PMPS 181

Morris' PM number is higher yet than AM # but I'm still holding that .10u dose...it took more than a couple of days for the .25 to take effect so I'm still hopeful. If he starts being over 300 all the time, I will go back up.

He's not eating well and just doesn't see to be "himself"...and I still haven't heard from the vet... grr_red I know she was in surgery all day today but she has always been good about returning calls in the evening....be assured I will call first thing in the a.m.

14. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yikes! That sounds so frustrating, I'd be so mad.

When Moses was first diagnosed I tried the get a hold of my vet at the scheduled time. And she was never there, nor called me back even when her assistant said she would. I showed up the next day in person, without an appointment and we could finally talk then. Maybe there needs to be a special manners book for some special vets. It was an emergency. Hope your next conversation with her works out and she feels better too! :D

15. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Brenda; I hope you hear from the vet. Something must be going on (IMHO). Hang in there. I saw the Micro meter but bought the Ultima. I like it and have had no problems other than replace the battery. No solutions, you insert a little strip with the code to make sure it is set correctly.

Hope you have a good night. Still cold here. currently 34. Tomorrow is to warm up. Hope so I have the barn to do in the am at o'dark thirty. UGH.. Love the horses and the work but not the cold primarily because we always have a 15-30 mph wind here. LOL

16. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Uh, can I borrow that meter/strips for a few days....even if its just to make me feel better? :lol:

Maybe fill up on some strips for the other meters and do a check against each other. Thats too bad they are acting up on you. I hope you get it sorted out.

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Heather, once Lucy got to 0.25 and 0.1, I was able to shoot pretty much anything. I would not have shot the 40's and I don't remember if I ever had an opportunity to shoot 50's, but I would have at that tiny dose. I also learned that I didn't need HC to bring up her numbers anymore (see how Morris came up over 50 points in 1/2 hour on MC? Next time maybe see if LC works). Once you see for yourself that Morris can bring himself up with LC food, you'll feel a lot more comfortable shooting lower numbers.

But GREAT news that Morris is down to 0.1 and seems to be doing well on it!

18. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Brenda.. what great numbers for Morris!
    I use the Relion Ultima too.. and it works real well for Pepper.
    I compared it with my Aviva and they were only 2 points different.. Not bad!

Sending good appy vibes to Morris.. I don't like it either when they lose their appy!
    Especially, if they're big eaters and not finicky..

I hope the vet gets in touch with you soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.