1/9 Shadow AMPS=113, PMPS=183

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+3=228
    +4=188
    +8=105
    +11.5=77
    +11.75=100
    +12=92
    +12.25=113 AMPS ~ F.75u
    +1=134

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning everyone!
    This was a strange morning with Shadow coming in at 77 at first test @ 11.5. He puked up some liquid with hair but it wasn't really the usual hairball. He did that a few times as I was trying to retest him....waiting to see if the numbers were rising. He was constantly going to the plants I had brought in due to the weather and he was obviously trying to eat those in an effort to bring up "whatever". He then showed no interest in food so I used the chicken flakes, then finally resorted to putting tuna on top of the FF turkey.(yuck) He ate some of that finally and I shot 15 minutes later than usual.

I just cracked open a different flavor, gourmet chicken, gave him some omega 3 oil which he lapped up and now he has eaten enough to satisfy me (laced with that smelly freeze-dried salmon) Well, I certainly empathize with any of you out there who are having difficulty with your kitty's appetite. I feel like a dam fool, running around, whipping something new up and placing it before his face.
    I wait to see if it meets with his satisfaction....when it didn't, I was scurrying around in the kitchen again. To do that all the time would be quite a challenge. Shadow is usually quite ready to eat breffis and today, things just came to a screeching halt. Meanwhile, Raja was running around trying to eat out of all the bowls he was rejecting after she ate her own breffix!!

He's having a bath now. :roll:
    I am trying to figure out if I can bottle any of this adrenaline to use at another time.
    A nice relaxed cup of coffee as I type this, laughing as I recall how darn tired I am & how the thought of going btb was what helped me get up this morning to begin with!! This entire calamity took place over the last 1 1/2 hours. Time really does fly when you're having fun, eh?

Retest in 10. :roll:
    Edited to add the +1=134
    nailbite_smile I just opened my last box of test strips....need to get to nailbite_smile Walmart..nervous again... I'm down to my last 50 strips.... nailbite_smile

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Shadow AMPS=113

Shadow look at you in nice low blue!!

You know what you can do with that shiny new lap top of yours Pat? laptop_smiley
    Write a cookbook! :lol: A special cookbook of all the stuff Shadow loves!

I don't know about you, and yea yea yea ECID, lol, but I do notice a change in BG after a pukey for Luna, more like a breakthru, paws crossed for you guys!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/9 Shadow AMPS=113

That thought crossed my mind and I was secretly praying for a pukey (or some huge magic poops) when he was in Black awhile ago...LOL...but I didn't really want a big change when he was at 77 this morning., ya know? :D

I was told a million years ago that once they go below 50 there is a good chance that OTJ will follow soon after....
    I am waiting.... :roll:
    Will wait to her what Monique wants Shadow to do today...from her lips to his ears....her wish is his command.... :mrgreen:

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Shadow AMPS=113, +1=134

Come here Shadow......lean real close so I can whisper in your ear.......

Here's the plan....PSYCH!

I'm gonna let you have an easy day Pat, I'm planning a pajama party for tonight though, you up for that? :mrgreen:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Ok Monique....maybe I will get out of my robe now, take a shower, then sleep for the rest of the
    day in preparation for tonight....thanks for giving me a heads up on what you are directing him to do.... ;-)
    Knowledge is Power, as they say!

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice surfus. :smile:

Have to say, a pajama party DOES look likely tonight. What's on the menu?

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Did someone say PAJAMA PARTY?!?!?!? :RAHCAT

Been catching some unusually low numbers for Latte in pm/pred cycle. Curious to see how low they are going...that may require a late night.

So, Shadow...If Latte does it again tonight, count us in! :mrgreen:

You are both really doing a great job Pat! I know you are exhausted. Glad you can keep your sense of humor through all of it. and I hope you get some good rest today (in preperation, of course! :lol: ). Im sorry you had to deal with a finicky eater this a.m. Wouldnt wish that daily routine on my worst enemy!

Hey! What does Raja think about all these pajama parties?

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Well libby, I was sort of hoping Monique would do the catering since she seems to be orchestrating the schedule here.... :lol:
    IF there is a pajama party, ALL are welcome. Open House here...!! BYOB...Bring Your Own Blankets!! (it's really chilly here in Florida)

And Carolyn....Raja could not care less...she makes herself scarce during the Pajama Parties cause the beeping of the meter interferes with her beauty sleep!! Plus, the lingering scent of disgusting DROOLERS in the living room offends her olfactory system! :lol: She is spending most of her time in my closet...sleeping and eating...poor baby. :sad: Her meals are delivered there...it s a routine now. The droolers spend the evenings up here and don't venture down the hallway too much. the black attack cat is on guard...LOL

9. Monique & Spooky

Well Pat I just had to come over to your condo (BTW: Since we have moved to the Falls, I often hang out at Shadow's condo when I visit LL) I just had to tell you what just happened.

First off for those reading this that don't know, I have no litterbox in my house, both my cats are toilet trained and have thier own guest bathroom where they use the toilet. I just have to flush and put 2 squares of TP on top of the water in the bowl to reduce "bum splash". Anyway Socks frequently eats too fast and then vomits, sometimes right into his dinner plate. No problem he usually just eats it again (bla!) Tonight I fed them then came to the computer. After a bit I heard Spooky in my bathroom banging on the shower door (that's where the litter box used to be 2 years ago) this usually means there's a problem in thier bathroom (toilet seat up or lid closed, forgot the TP or I need to flush) so I went to see what the problem was. Obviously Socks was going to use the toilet and had vommited into the toilet (getting some on the toilet seat as well)! So I took some TP and cleaned it up, but now I have to open a can of food and feed him again :evil: Oh well it's stilll better than on the carpets.

For old times sake here is Socks on the potty
    [​IMG]

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/9 Shadow LOL Monique!

THAT is so funny....Spooky wouldn't use the toilet with barf on the seat and in the bowl? :lol:
    Wow....well, an obvious question must be posed here....
    "Why can't they flush after themselves, huh??" :lol:
    Men! sigh!

That is really a funny story Monique..but doesn't change the subject of what you are planning for Shadow's pajama party tonight...you are catering the event I presume? :lol: Maybe you can have a potty training session for the kitties that will be attending. It will take their minds off their green numbers and constant testing if they have to practice balancing on the toilet bowl!! :lol:
    Hope Socks keeps his breffis down finally.....

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/9 Shadow +6=157

+2=155
    +4=144
    +6=157

Right in the middle of the Levemir Blues today....but not feeling sad...but happy bcatrun_gif

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Happy is very good Pat - but Shadow - where ya running to?

Monique : we need to lobby for a special forum on poop, cuz ur's takes the cake! Or poop - whichever you prefer!
    that is funnnny about ur kitties and their own toilet!

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

party in shadow's condo tonight? yup, looks like it.

be there or be square! <------- that sounds so dated!
    how about...
    Yo, mommydizzle be at my crib by 8:30, dude, or you will like be ordinary!!! haha_smiley

14. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! Shadow is just looking soooooooo good today. :mrgreen:

15. Monique & Spooky

Arrhh! Jill what up?

So totally bummed that I'm gonna miss the way posh part-y here tonight. But I sooooo k.o. I like need so major pillow time, dig?

Later chics. B-bye :cool:

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/9 Shadow +8=140

Oh, fo sho. Cha Mon ova! haha_smiley

Shadow went from:
    +4=144
    +6=157
    +8=140

Is this normal to go up and down like this? He is full of surprises...we shall see if the party is on. :lol:

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Huh? I thought you said it was catering by Monique. Just because she's in a different time zone does that mean she's not coming (or catering)?

18. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/9 Shadow PMPS=183 ALL Blue so far!!!

PMPS=183 ~ F .75u Lev

So, can we start wagering bets on BG numbers around here? sigh...someone is probably gonna say "NOooooo" :sad:
    How many would bet a dollar on Shadow needing the pajama party tonight? I wouldn't even bet on anything and he's my own kitty!!! :lol:
    Not sure about Monique...did she basically tell me that she gave Shadow his orders for tonight and then kinda kept being very vague about catering the party. Is that my imagination or did she blow me off about that? It's bedtime in Germany now so we are stuck for food....

uh...I think I have some little "cans" of stuff around... no worries... :lol: Would you care for some mixed grill pate on a Ritz?
    Yum! :lol:

19. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

I hope you napped up today!!!!!
    Cant think of a better cold Florida night for a slumber party!!!!!
    :lol: hahaha! I just envision all these kitties in cute little pj's, laying around in fancy beds..."meow, meow"...wonder if they tell ghost stories?

Unfortunately it looks like we will have to take a rain check this time around, Mr. Shadow. I think Latte is all partied out from NYE still - you know that full moon! But there will be another time, I promise! :mrgreen:

Very nice blues btw!!!!!

20. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Just FYI...there is a new moon on Jan 15th....that is this Friday....sometimes that influence is strong too but no one really realizes it cause there IS no moon so no one makes the connection to the moon when they see cray thins happening.. I have marked them in the past on my SS...and will be keeping an eye on any weird wonkiness in the Moon King on Thurs and Fri. Not that I can DO anything about it, but just in case, I will be watching!! :lol: If he has had no dosecreases, it might be ok....

Not sure if we will be having any parties tonight either...as I said in your condo, I usually only know much later on.
    So far, so good....I really love these blues.... :D
    hope you and Latte have a good night...and lots of sleep too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.