6/28 Lanky AMPS 330, PMPS 494

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sehjak (Susan & Lanky), Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Morning All - Had some solid sleep last night & Lanky just caught a bug and ate it so we are ready to go today. It is going to be hot here today, so kitty speed will be very, very slow in general. Lanky's spirit and P's are all good & we think we are zeroing in on just the right dose. This week's events include a trip to the vet (or it may be next Monday) and it will be a double. Lanky's brother, Otis, is due for his bi-annual check up. It is always an adventure when we go especially with two!

Hope everyone has a great day, stay cool!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 6/28 Lanky AMPS 330

lanky you are so close to yellow this morning .. I'm sure you can take this number places, especially since it's hot and all you have to do is mellow out ....

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Hoping for a great day here.
    Unless numbers drop, let's do 4 cycles of 7u and see what's up/down.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What's with Lanky and these bugs? Are you saving a lot of money in cat food? :lol: Yum...pure protein!
    Wishing you a happy new week....hope you have a wonderful day
    (wasn't it Lanky who ate the bug the other day? Or was that another hunter on the forum? Maybe it was someone else...) :razz:

5. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

fasting before vet apt

See link above regarding Wednesday's vet apt for Lanky - he has to fast before hand.

6. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

So he can't eat bugs either? :razz:

I hate it when mine catch a bug and kinda chew it, but don't finish the job. Then the thing is half-chewed and Not Quite Dead. Just eat it or don't, guys!

7. Meadow

Meadow Member

Hi Susan,
    Just stopping by to say hello. :smile: Meadow thinks those buggy protein snacks are great! She loves the fact that they self deliver. :lol: Good luckw ith your furkids at the vet. Hope you ge to Lanky's purrfect dose real soon!

8. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

Ugh on that PMPS.

After my notes on SS & about +11 .5 Lanky threw-up (liquid tinged pinkish), lost control of his bladder & peed on the kitchen floor, then crouched panting. He had been acting like he was going to thro-up for 20 minutes or so. At +10 he seemed OK. I did a BG (494)at about 5:50pm (almost +6), he ate his pill pocket with Pepcid AC, and after a couple of tries I got him to eat some Fancy Feast fish & shrimp. He ate about 3.4 of a 3 oz can & got 7 units on time while eating.

Now is is squinting his eyes & laying with paws together holding head above them. Obviously, he does not feel well. This "attack" was like the one that caused me to take him to the vet in March when he was dx with FD. He has had a couple more of them, they are noted somewhere on his SS, but has not had one in a while. I have given him fluids in the past thinking it could be pancreatitis -- in any event he could probably benefit from fluids. It is 10:30 PM now (4.5) and Lanky is doing much better. He lying on the kitchen rug next to me.

BTW: his ultra sound was clear - so what is going on with these attacks is a mystery. I will bring it up on Wednesday when we have our vet appointment.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I hope you can find out some answers on Wed at the vet; that pmps is lousy looking.

I know that Shadoe always seemed to feel better, noticeably, after SQuids, almost as if she was relieved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.