1/7 Shadow AMPS=195

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+8=121
    AMPS=195 Lev ~ F.75u (start 2nd day)

Yesterday's condo

Watched Shadow closely last night...was hoping he would stay on a nice even keel, which he did! It was not a very exciting PJ party, but it was good.

Whew! I woke this morning to my alarm going off and my little Shadow squeaking sweetly in my face. It was a squeak, not a meow... :smile: Not so sure how long the alarm music was playing, but he sure wanted to be sure I woke up this morning! Fed them both Wellness chicken with flakes of their favorite freeze-dried chicken and both bowls were cleaned. Shadow waited in the hall for me and trotted to the testing towel in anticipation of his shot. Love how he does that...he knows the insulin shot is next on the agenda and he sure does seem to be happy about getting it.

That's weird, isn't it? I mean, it's not exactly a "fun" thing to have done...but it doesn't hurt him; there's no flinching, but it's not even that I give him a treat afterward. I never had to bribe him to stay still with treats. It's almost as if he knows that it's a thing that makes him feel better. But I don't know how that is possible...but it certainly seems to have some importance to him. I sometimes say "this is your insulin. Use it well, Luke"

May the force be with YOU too today kids!! Have a good one!!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

lol! Shadow, use the force! lol

You're not kiddin' when u say u watched him closely! I think u need testaholic help heee heee!!!

Yea, but u gotta watch the Shadow - he is after all - "not of this world" he's more in his own little world and making his mama work!!

I wonder what he has up his shadow-ee sleeves today?

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Ever heard of Pavlov's dogs? Nope thier not rocket scientists but if it feels good then they will keep doing it. Maybe he just likes the attention, some kids will do unpleasant things just to get attention even if it's negative attention.

Anyway a very nice AMPS for the "problem child" :cool:

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/7 Shadow AMPS=195 (Monique & Ronnie)

LOL...Monique...I was just thinking of that story you told....just thinking about you and here you are! I was actually in the
    bathroom when Shadow burst through the door...he sat purring, looking up at me~so I picked him up and we had a talk. :lol: And I began to think about your kitty in the bathroom...remember that thread we had going...LOLOLOL
    He gets enough attention that shot times shouldn't be special in that regard. Incidentally, he no longer hangs out behind the toilet...lol... But, no treats, nothing special for him at shot time. Now, if I open a can of anything, he is right there...the noise of the popping can is like the Pavlov's dogs story. Shadow has never been as astute as his sister...I could always surprise him with that awful Clavamox. But Raja would hear the refrig door and run away.
    He has never been one to put 2 and 2 together...

And Ronnie...you are the president of the testaholic group, right?...where is the next meeting being held? We don't need the veil of anonymity cause our SSs speak volumes already...the CAT is out of the bag...Oh my..LOLOLOL..that is just so silly.... :lol:
    But I link to some SSs and I say "WHERE's the REST of it???" :lol: Now yours is one that I can relate to....all the white boxes are filled in....very nice!

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What a cat!! flip_cat What a momma bean! Lets' see some green today OK Shadow, you trained little kitty!

6. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Good morning Pat. I'm so pleased that Shadow is holding on to this dose so far. Yeah!!
    And I do believe they associate feeling better with whatever you are doing re: shot/testing and want it to continue. I've heard many OTJ kitties still jump up to get tested when they hear the microwave warming a test sock even if the bean is just heating some lunch. Or they go to the same spot every day and wait for something, a shot, a test... come on, mamabean aren't you forgetting my pokey? BigMac does that and it's been a year!

Back to Shadow's numbers.... I really hope his liver training has begun to sink into that pesky liver. He may have some more education to go, but (knock on wood) he's learned not to bounce right away. Now after that 28, I wonder if he will have a delayed reaction... he has done that before. He looks good for about 2 days then does some weird pink/red thing especially if the moon is involved. Let's hope he forgets to do that this time. I'm not looking for trouble, just looking for patterns so you can be prepared. So far so good though!! Kiss, kiss Shadow, we love ya'! Mr. Liver... you behave yourself.

Is it snowing yet in Florida? I heard it might. Now that's weird. Just started snowing here. Pretty!

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/7 Shadow +6=174

AMPS=195 F.75u
    +3=235
    +4=253
    +6=174

Elevator is heading down... LOL. It's on automatic without little boy kitties playing with the buttons. He was so congenial
    this morning. Just so happy and hanging out with me wherever I went... He had his brushing...no more dandruff for so long now....really looking good!
    And CD...thankfully, the new moon is on Jan 15th so we have plenty of time after this particular dosecrease to get used to it before the
    crazy days.
    Bay News 9 is going to talk about the possibility of snow in the Tampa area over the weekend..if you don't hear from me later today, you will
    know that I went back to be and am under about 17 covers! nailbite_smile Please, say it ain't sooooooo.......

8. CD and BigMac

I love seeing Shadow in the blue. This is just so pretty as his body finds the new 'normal' for him. That pesky liver just remembers the old high reds as Shadow's normal BGs and tries to get back there too much. The more blue, the better and this is what the liver should see as normal.

Stay warm under the covers. Here in Tennessee, the scant inch of snow has sent everyone to the grocery for emergency supplies, (hahahaha!) and kids home to drive their parents crazy all day. One of my kitties wanted to walk on it, then decided ewwww too cold - wimpy inside kitty that he is - he ran back in the door, with lots of paw shaking to get that white stuff off. Hee, hee!

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/7 Shadow +8=165

+8=165
    I agree with you Carolyn...his liver needs to see steady blues....I am thrilled to see him hanging in the blues if possible...and he seems
    to want to bring the yellows back down to there too. This is a repeat of yesterday so I am so happy so far!!!

Just watched the news...there would have to be so many things to be just a certain way for it to snow here on Saturday...
    the one forecaster didn't think it would. Last time it snowed here was in 1977 and there were freaky things that all came together to
    cause that. Not so this time around. Fine with me. :D I am not into making history when it comes to the weather!!! LOL

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Shadow is doing just great! You must be a proud mamabean.

11. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Oh Shadow, our long lost party animal! How Latte and I have missed you over the last few days. :YMHUG:

I see Raja had a wonderful anniversary bash, and since then you have been showing your bean how much you want one of those soon, too! PJ party after PJ party! :thumbup You even earned yourself a dose decrease?!?!?! :RAHCAT

Your bean wrote a lovely letter to your extended family, which was so sweet and thoughtful.

Stay brave around that dog, you hear?

Any chance you could teach Latte the PROPER way to wake up a bean?

Youre amazing Pat!!!

12. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/7 Shadow PMPS=316

+8-16
    PMPS=316 ~ F .75u

Shadow's liver suddenly woke up and said :

"WHY HELLO...WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON HERE...??? grr_red " as it reared it's Ugly Ugly Nasty head....
    (livers always speak in RED)

And he had been doing SO well....sigh....time to shoot him again with the magic Levemir and hope he can get back into control.... :smile:
    It's not a high pink but it's pink just the same and looks so horrible on his SS.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and your cheering him on...he feels very tewible he said...and embowassed but I told him not to be..it's all part of the game...and all his Aunties understand...he sends you all hugs and head butts!

13. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh, Shadow, I didn't visit today and look what happened! ohmygod_smile Please come back down from those nasty RED colors.

Well, Pat, at least you can get a good night's sleep tonight I-) ...no sense wasting strips on these numbers! :YMPEACE:

14. CD and BigMac

Re: 1/7 Shadow PMPS=316

Rats. There is that delayed bounce. phooey. At least it isn't as high as he'd done in the past, that stinker.

15. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/7 Shadow +4=291

+4=291

No pajama party tonight...just the usual +8 at 4:40am. Tomorrow is another day!
    Sleep well everybody :D

16. CD and BigMac

Yellow is better than the pinky stuff. He's headed in the right direction. Actually I'm encouraged, he is usually such a wild bouncy guy, and this is just kind of meh, as a bounce. ...yeah?

See you tomorrow. Night Pat.

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sleep??? hmmm, I knew there was something I've been forgetting to do... :mrgreen:

Check out Shadow's spreadsheet the last few days, wow! And heading back down again already.

18. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Pat - just stopping in to say hi - haven't been around much. Glad that Raja is doing well and glad to see that Shadow is mostly cooperative. Isn't it nice to have such an easy cat to test!

19. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

but I wanted to hear about a pajama party tomorrow!!

Shadow dude, wat up wit dat?
    Pat - hey at least u can sleep now lol!
    awww cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.