1/7 Max AMPS 451

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning
    3rd cycle at 4.25u

Negative ketones.
    Last night at +3 PMPS Max gave me yellow again, 235. I don't understand these nightime yellows and red AMPS.

WCR: Max is acting like his old healthy self though. He sits with us on the couch, hangs out on the warm kitchen loor, not just waiting for food and only goes to nap on his favourite chair rather than sleepping on it all day.

Lat night at his exact test time he went himself on the kitchen chair waiting for his treats and tests. I was shocked. I read about that by other kitties but when Max did it, it was amazing.

Hope this dose settles. need to arrange a vet visit. Wait till she sees I'm at 4.25 when she told me to stay at 2.75 when I left.

Yesterday's Condo
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1485

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Many of our kitties have better numbers at night. Those numbers then bump up for the AM cycle due to the dawn phenomenon. Basically, this amounts to the body releasing cortisol in anticipation of waking. Cortisol is a naturally occurring steroid hormone so it bumps up BG. The good news is that Max is seeing more yellow on this dose.

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks Sienne
    I thought read about that somewhere. Guess I should do a little more research.
    Or I can stay up all night and test him and sleep all day so I can see lovely yellows.
    At least his seems really good and he had a nice PMPS last night.

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hey Randi--I think Max maybe having New Dose Wonkiness, where you raise the dose, the liver gets it's defenses up, and spills glucose for fear the bg is going too low...It is a natural occurring thing, and will pass--Also you know you need to wait 6 cycles-3 full days for new dose to take effect--The yellow is encouraging :thumbup Shows something is getting better!
    Come on down Max--We are all rooting for you :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Ah sunshine yellows! That's fantastic - good job Max!

Randi, those signs of returning to the old kitty attitude and behaviors are so heart warming to see; they give your hope a big boost. They tell you that you are on the right path, that things ARE getting better. And that jumping in the chair for test and/or shots is just too freaky but what it tells me is that they know what's going on and they like it.

It is such a relief for those bad symptoms to fade into the past - the excess urine and water drinking and then that crazy hunger and inhaling anything edible. When they settle into the whole thing and start feeling better, the next thing you have to watch for is the pickiness.

Man, what a path the food side of things take. Shadoe went from not eating much to then eating everything in sight once the insulin was started, going from 3 or 4 cans a day down to maybe a couple small cans, and then deciding that certain flavors were CRAP and she was not gonna eat them! Oh yeah, she is putting up her nose on some, and I am happy to see it!

I am glad that Max has a good handle on the routine and process so you should be a good bean and do as you are told :lol:

Have a great day, you two, and Max, let's see some more of them yellows please!

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

glad to see some more yellow peeking through here. More, please!

7. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

So happy to hear that Max is starting to act like his old self again! That's wonderful progress! The numbers will follow. It's a good sign that there has been more yellow recently. Hang in there! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.