1/7 Putty AMPS 281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Miriam and Putty (GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

A<PS 28ttp://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1465

Still bouncing from those 20's and 30's. I hope Putty is feeling ok today. After breffis he usually goes btb on either my bed or on a chair in the office. I looked everywhere for him and could not find him. My DD found him under the bed in the guest room. The only time he has ever gone there is we were remodeling. He ate all of his breffis and litterbox seems to be fine.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Putty! Eating breakfast is a good sign no? Maybe he's just a little jumpy, flip_cat
    Have a good day Miriam :)

3. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

He is likely still not quite feeling himself and that is his little safe place . At least he is coming down from those highs! Come out Putty for some love!

4. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

I find Spike in odd places sometimes. His safe place is under the couch. I think he goes there to get away from it all too.

5. Miriam and Putty (GA)

A little worried

Putty never refuses food...ever. This morning he did come out from under the bed but he has been in weird places that he never goes to all morning. He hissed at me a couple of times which is rare for him. When he hears me pick up his bowl he always comes to be tested and waits for his food. I took his food out, put it in his bowl and he did not move. When I went to get him he ran upstairs back under the bed. I brought his food to him and he would not come out. He growled at me. Is this a sign of pain. He came downstairs fine this morning for his shot and breffis but since then he is not himself. I even offered treats which he refused.....another thing he never refuses.

Any thoughts? Is as if he is scared of something although nothing has changed.

6. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Re: 1/7 Putty AMPS 281 questions?

i'd be worried too. could something have spooked him? has he eaten anything at all?

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

This does not sound like the Putty we all know and love. Something is definately wrong here. How's the litter box action? Could he be constipated or maybe have a UTI beginning?
    Poor Putty....hope things get better as the day progresses, if not, maybe trip to vet....oh, poor putty.

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Come on Putty, Snap Out Of It!! Moonie does it sometimes, hides, doesnt come out for food, etc..Thay have days they dont feel so great, just like we do..Wait a little while, & see what happens--Could you give him some real chicken or Halos? Moonie will always eat that..
    He did go high for him, so now hopefully he'll come down & feel well--He's not used to higher numbers Miriam, but dont panic--Let's see what happens later in the day..
    If he's hungry he will eat... Hugs & get better vines to Putman!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'd leave him alone and give him a little more time to see if he settles down. Something may have spooked him as others suggested. If he's still hiding after a few hours, I'd see if you can sort out what's going on. Putty doesn't sound overtly symptomatic - just cranky.

10. Miriam and Putty (GA)

I forgot to add about an hour after breffis he did vomit a little.
    I made an appointment for the vet tonight which will be a challenge if he does not come out of hiding.
    It is not with my regular vet and I am not very fond of the vet we will be seeing......regular vet is at least there at the same time if vet needs to consult with her.

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, I am not liking the sound of this report Miriam...the hissing and growling at you...hmmmm...
    I hope it's something that will be done with by this evening. How is he with hairballs? Can you do another BG test
    maybe or do you now want to upset him further? Might be a challenge to find him and do it, but it might be important.

I would probably have made the appointment too...glad you did that. Who knows? Maybe he will be back to feeling like himself
    by then....but still, the behavior and hiding is not normal for him.... :sad: Best to have him checked instead of trying to guess...
    Keep us posted...well, I know you will.... Hope you feel better Putty....

12. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sorry putty isn't feeling great today. cleo pulls that sometimes, too (hiding under the bed). usually it's coz the other kitties are fighting or she just isn't feeling well.

hope whatever it is, it's easily and cheaply caught and fixed. will look for your update.

13. WCF and Meowzi

not liking that he threw up. he doesn't tend to eat forbidden stuff, does he? plants, ribbons, etc.? when was last litterbox action, everything normal at that end?

will he let you feel him up? see if he seems tender around the abdominal area?

14. Miriam and Putty (GA)

I had to go out for a couple of hours so I left Putty's food in his dish expecting he would come out if I left. The food is still there and he is still hiding under the bed.
    DH fed and gave him his shot this morning. He said he came down like he usually does but he went under the dining room table which he usually does not do. DH had to put the food bowl down so he would come out from under the table. He hissed and growled at him. He pooped right before he ate.
    He slept on the bed with me last night like he usually does. I have no idea what could have spooked him. He gets fed at 5:45 am so it is pretty quiet in the house. At 6:30 am is when my DD found him under the bed.
    Now I am really worried about him since he did not come out when I was gone.

CF.... I cannot even get to him to feel his stomach. He did let me test him at +2.5 this morning and he had a few treats after. He growled while he was eating them.

15. WCF and Meowzi

He doesn't have a history of chronic pancreatitis, does he?

If finances are not an issue, and he's not eating anyway, I wonder if you should withhold food from now on and have the vet send out for an fPL test this evening. It's done by Idexx, and turnaround should be a day or two. I know he's not fasted, but he's not eaten a lot either, from the sound of it, so the sample may not be lipemic (you can't run the fPL on a lipemic sample, AFAIK).

If he hadn't pooped, I'd say to get an x-ray too. Now I'm not sure. Maybe Cassandra will stop in with suggestions. Has he urinated?

16. Miriam and Putty (GA)

CF, I did not see him urinate but when I cleaned the litterbox he had gone a couple of times....probably once last night and once this morning.
    He does not have CP but I was wondering if maybe that is a possibility.
    I just got off the phone with DH and he said that last night he caught Putty trying to eat from my DD' s dinner plate that she left near the sink. He does not think he could have gotten very much since he caught him but I was just wondering if maybe it could be from the little bit he did eat.

It was Chicken Marsala..... chicken that had been dipped in herb seasoned bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, a little garlic powder, chicken broth and Marsala wine. I was not home at the time so I did not really see how much he ate........DH probably has no idea either.
    He usually does not steal people food except chicken and maybe lettuce....he likes cheese.

17. Miriam and Putty (GA)

I just put a bowl of food in the guest room and Putty came out and ate all the food (1/4 of a can) but is now hiding again. I really want to test......you know withdrawals for me.

It really seems as if something spooked him although I have no idea what.
    Since he was in the 20's the other day could that have done something?? Grasping at straws here.

18. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Insulin for tonight?

Putty ate about a 1/4 of a 3oz. can of food at +10. He is scheduled to go to the vet at + 12.5.
    I don't want to skip or delay his shot but I don't want to feed him again in case the vet has to sedate him which depending on how upset he is they might have to do.

Is it ok to shoot the full dose and not feed? I can bring some food with me. If they do sedate him I would have to wait a little bit to feed him anyway after he is sedated.

19. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 1/7 Putty question about shot before I go to vet

(((Miriam)))
    Sending vet vines. I hope it's nothing serious.

20. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Miriam, I don't know about the shot, but hate to hear Putty is not himself today.

Hope the vet can find out what's going on. (((hugs))).

21. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Just wanted to pop over and send you some lovies...hang in there; it's so hard when they're not being "normal"...

Best-
    Michele

22. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like the Polite Putty we're and you're used to... Sending feel better vines.

23. Deb & Spot

Just catching up on Putty's condo and see that he did eat and that you are taking him to vet. I hope the vettie bean can give you some answers. Sending good vettiebean vines to Putty.

24. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I hope the Puttster is feeling better.

25. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Putty update?????

I keep coming back to see how is Putty doing!
    hope Miriam post soon!

26. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Putty recap

AMPS 281
    +2.5 291
    +10 234
    PMPS 224
    + 3 194 not bad considering an hour and a half after vet and an hour after eating.

The vet is not sure what is going on. Blood work should be back tomorrow. She did test for pancreatitis.(sp). Putty ate his dinner and let me test him. He is very quiet right now. Going to the vet is an ordeal for him. We ended up seeing my regular vet that I love because the office lady likes Putty and knows I like my own vet so she snuck us in a room before the other vet came to get us. :thumbup

27. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I'm glad he seems better and you got to see your vet. Feeling better vines.

28. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

glad that Putsman is back home and maybe tomorrow he will be fine.
    have a Good night,Miriam!

29. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Just got online and read about the Putman. Sending all the best vines your way. Will be waiting for your update.

30. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Putty,
    I hope you are having a pleasant evening and have recovered from your vet visit trauma.

31. Deb & Spot

I hope putty settles in tonight and feels better tomorrow. Sending vines for good blood work report. Will check in tomorrow. Hopefully I will have my head on right by then.

32. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

happy you were able to take putty in. hope this is nothing and he's back to normal in the morning...

33. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Miriam)))) I hope Putty will feel better tomorrow, and that the bloodwork will come back crystal clear. I agree, though, that Putty hiding and growling warranted a vet visit. Something must not have felt good.

34. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy that you got to see your favorite vet!!! And that Putty's numbers were ok...all things
    considered. Hoping for a peaceful night for you & Putty and that the results will be available soon.
    Maybe Putty will feel better in the morning....
    Thinking of you guys.... ((hugs))

35. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hope things look good with the blood work. Paws crossed and sending healing vines.

36. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

So sorry you and Putty had such a rough day!! Sending many feel-better vines, and (((hugs))) to you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.