01/07 J.D. AMPS 239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

J.D. woke me up by climbing above my head and letting out this strong stream of air from his nose down onto my face.

WCR: happy cat

I shot at +11.75 this morning and he was 237 at +11. I did not wake up in the middle of the night to get any midnight tests :roll: , but he was 217 at +3.5. So, maybe we're seeing some improvement.

Question: I have the next 3 days off, and then work the next 7 days after that. Okay to go to 2.50 units tonight?

Yesterday's Thread

2. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07 J.D. AMPS 239 Question

Good morning,Dyana!
    Since You gonna be home to monitor I would go with 2.5u
    good luck with increase and enjoy those 3 days at home (poor J.D.)

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07 J.D. +0.75 225

Coming down.

4. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Good boy JD - keep moving to the blue!

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

lol, a strong stream of air? lol Maybe he thinks he's a dragon? :lol: at least nothing else came out of his nose lol
    And he's a happy kitty!!

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07 J.D. +1.5 286

He was 286 when I left the house. I wonder if the food was just catching up with him. Does Miralax have carbs?

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Roni, Spot is a carb sensitive cat and he gets Miralax twice a day and it doesn't seem to bother his bg's, so I'm thinking that it shouldn't have any effects on JD's numbers.

Boy, That boy of yours must have been tired of just sitting there looking at you....that must have been one big ol sigh to have waken you up like that.

I agree with Roni...you will be around to monitor the next few days, so I see no reason why not to increase at this time. Enjoy your time off...gonna need it with a 7 day stretch coming up!

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

What food do you feed that is 0 to 1% carbs? The only 0% I know of is FF Flaked Fish and Shrimp Feast

Dyana, I buy PetSmart's Sophisticat brand food....Beef and Liver - 1% carbs, Country Style - 1%, Chicken & Liver - 1%, Mariner's Catch - 0%, Mixed grill - 0%, & Turkey & Giblets -0%. with 34% - 37% protien, depending on which flavor. I just thought that I would try something different...mom bought him a few cans of this as a special treat for his Christmas present and he really seemed to like it. I figured that it should be good since it had no grains, no corn, wheat or soy, and was 95% chicken or turkey and livers.

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07 J.D. PMPS 401 Squeek!!!

I shot at +12.25 a little late, as there was/is some excitement in the house tonight.
    The cats were outside and Ginger ran in, and I thought thought thought she might have something in her mouth.
    I went to her and she dropped a live field mouse under my Christmas Tree. I don't know where it is.
    I wish it would just go outside and live out it's life.
    I do not want to wake up to squeek squeek squeek as it is murdered and then clean up the mess afterwards.
    I upped J.D.'s dose to 2.50 this evening. Much easier to measure!

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Nice of Santa to have brought you a mouse for Christmas? I guess it wasn't wrapped! :lol:

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 01/07 J.D. +2.25 358

The mouse must be in the bedroom now, because Ginger has been in there staring under the dresser for the past hour.
    I just set a live mouse trap with some peanut butter bait. Hopefully, I can rescue it and put it back outside.

I'm so mean (to my cats) aren't I?

12. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hope the little mousie has escaped the big hunters! bcatrun_gif

J.D. looks good today. Hope he has some nice numbahs for you over next three days. Enjoy your "weekend"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.