1/04 Morris AMPS 241; PMPS 308; +1 340

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

last day I posted: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=773&p=6416#p6416

I have been pretty sick the past few days & that is why I haven't been posting. I spent the majority of the day in bed asleep yesterday! I even slept right through my alarm that is set for me to get up & deal with Morris!!! I didn't wake up until about 10am.....much later than our regular 7:30am insulin time. As a result, I decided to just skip the morning dose entirely & asked the kids to feed him (he hadn't had breakfast or his 9:30am snack!) and then I went back to bed. DH sent DD to check on me around 3pm & at that time I had her feed Morris again (had missed his 12:30 snack & was almost due for him 3:30 snack). Thankfully, I was feeling a bit better by evening time & was able to crawl out of bed to test his BG, give his insulin & set up his food in his timed feeder. I guess he didn't like that his feeding routine yesterday was all screwed up, as I noticed there was still a fair amount of food left in his bowl.

Although I am liking the yellow this morning, I am pretty sure it is due to bouncing. I noticed this morning that he only ate about 1/2 of each of his snacks last night. I have taken the day off work today.....I am feeling a bit better than yesterday, but still not great. I will attempt to get in some spot checks today - but I am not promising anything.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/04 Morris AMPS 241

It really sounds like you were down for the count! I hope you're feeling lots better. Not such a bad number for having missed a shot.

Any chance of training anyone in the family to test and shoot? Even the most responsible of beans can get sick.

3. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, feel better soon Gwen.
    :YMHUG:

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

((((Gwen))))) sending lots of feel better vines your way!

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Get well soon Gwen, we miss you and Morris! :dizcat

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/04 Morris AMPS 241; PMPS 308

Well, my afternoon plan for testing Morris was replaced by a much needed nap! LOL! Will attempt to stay up for awhile longer tonight & perhaps get a before bed reading on him.

Thank you all for the get well wishes! I am definately feeling better today than I was yesterday.......still debating if I should return to work tomorrow or take another day off!

As for getting someone else in the family trained for dealing with Morris......I have discussed it with all of them over the past few months & none of them are willing to help out! Therefore, whenever I go away, Morris will go to this nice kennel who has well trained staff in dealing with FD.

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

YAY! I managed to stay awake! LOL!

Morris is having a much better night tonight.....I think he is returning to his regular routine again after having his schedule turned upside down yesterday!

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Gwen))) So sorry to hear you've been feeling yucky, and really hope you are good as new soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.