3/28 Oliver amps 319 pmps 472 +2~437 +4~392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Oliver is fitting in nicely, ensuring that he gets enough food, even if it means grabbing some of Shadoe's, but only when she is not looking.

His numbers are not that great and move slowly, but hopefully we will be up to his good dose soon.
    Nurse Booboo helps me by running over to sit between me and Oliver when I test him. Once I am done, and she sniffs Oliver's head to be sure I have done no damage, she takes off as her job is done. I think Oliver finds her a bit of an eccentric, but he's tolerant of her.

All is calm now, so I'll get a +4 for Oliver and Shadoe - I am out till +6.

2. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Oliver amps 319 +2~274

Good morning Gayle
    Those are strating to look like better numbers for Oliver.
    I am so amazed as to how well he has adjusted, it's as if he has always been with you.
    He sounds very happy that you are Mama and I cannot believe Booboo's attitude.
    I am sure she can tell his gentleness.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good for Big Oliver! What a nice kitty household is developing here! Shadoe, stand your ground!! Booboo, keep up the good work!

Ella & Stu

4. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I love to hear about smooth sailing when it comes to new kitty additions =) I've heard some stories of it taking months to get to the point of even being in the same section of the house. When I hear this sort of story, it just proves to me that this cat belongs in your family. It was meant to be =) Lucky boy to have such a good mamabean and Nurse Booboo to supervise and make sure you are doing it right ;) I'm gathering BooBoo is a shy girl from things you've mentioned? Oliver must have a pretty magnetic purrrsonality to get her attention!

5. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

It's so nice that BooBoo likes Oliver! How cute that she takes care of him.

His numbers are much nicer today.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Oliver amps 319 +2~274 +4~200 +6~198

Oliver is fitting in well because he's so laid back and the girls have each other still.
    They actually huddle together and 'observe' him from afar when this gentle giant wakes and moves around. I think his size is unsettling to them, but Booboo is overcoming the whole deal quickly.

I hate to burst the thoughts of Booboo being shy; she is actually the opposite in many ways.
    She is miserable and hates for people to touch her. She will hit you without any hesitation, and if she is in a good mood, the nails will not be out on the first swat at you. She is tiny but fearless, and has always looked out for Shadoe.

Now with Oliver, I am not sure what she's doing. For every test time, she literally tears across the room and wiggles her way between us. I don't know if she is doing her Nurse Ratchet imitation or just jealous of Oliver getting so much attention.

She is a bit different with Shadoe - she keeps a bit of a distance but keeps a close eye on what I am doing because if Shadoe gives any indication of wanting to move away, Booboo steps in to get a closer look and I would not put it past Booboo to hit me.

Oliver does not mind at all, but I think he thinks she's weird.

7. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I love to watch how they interact with each other, it's cool how they develop relationships like that. She sounds like quite the little protector =) It will be very interesting to see what she does with Oliver and how it all plays out!

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Oliver amps 319 +6~198 +10~268 pmps 472

:YMSIGH: I have no idea.

I don't know what's up with him but he's acting just fine. We'll see how he does on tonite's dose.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

It's nice to see that little bit of blue. I guess Oliver was so excited about the blue that he had to bounce from it. Hopefully it will clear out soon.

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Ugh to bouncing. Shadoe doesn't bounce, so I am new to this and what to expect. How long does it take to clear anyways?

11. Libby and Lucy

ECID, sorry. It can be up to 72 hours. Right now it looks like Oliver's last couple of bounces lasted about 4 cycles. That should get less as time goes on.

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby. So he is good with this dose of 2u then, right?

This dose is the one I wanted to use last week, and it seems OK, but after this bounce business, he may be pink again, so how do I know when/if it's time to adjust the dose either way?

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Gayle, you know you dose based on nadir and not the PS number.
    You a newbie??? :lol: :lol:
    Love ya gal.
    Also, as I have been told, aren't we supposed to shoot through rebound.?
    You'll have to be doing your normal night testings on Oliver since you will be
    at work during the day.
    Terrific to see the blue today, maybe tomorrow it will be a lower one.

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Randi, when it comes to bounce, rebound, and all of the rest like shooting through stuff, I AM a newbie!!

Shadoe's always been flat as a ruler so her nadirs were like for 6 hours :lol:
    I need a bounce/rebound lesson!

We still have 3 more cycles at this dose, so I am not thinking till then.

15. Randi & Max (GA)

Okay, you're right. I'll cut you some slack on that one Gayle. :D
    ECID and one day at a time, right?
    You will get Oilver on the right track

16. Libby and Lucy

you'll know it's time to increase if this dose settles and he's still not getting green. Normally once they start getting blue, we wait for at least 10 cycles before increasing, and then you're starting to look for trends and patterns to see if he's working on dropping his numbers even more on that dose. We need to give him at least a few more cycles to see if he'll get back to blue again.

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Get a bloo, and wait 10 cycles. I like that rule.

Oliver's pretty happy right now. Lotsa food and attention, and his numbers look like we will have some nice yellows, so I am happy too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.