3/25 mocha pmps 217 dental question +3 168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10097

WCR: Very vocal again last night. It's non stop meowing and pawing at the bedroom door wanting out. As soon as I call her name, she's up on the bed but I don't have enough energy to stay awake to entertain her and that is apparently what she wants. So the meowing and pawing start all over again. It is a vicious cycle.

She hit greens again last night after her blue pmps. We fed her MC so she didn't dip under 40, but yet peter still wants to hold her at 2.0, instead of uping her to 2.25. So I guess we will hold it. She tends to run high yellows all day, then drops at night.

2. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/25 mocha amps 265 +4 369

not sure what's up with mocha today. She didn't finish her breakfast, that isn't unusual, but she never asked for it for the rest of the morning. She just now finished it at her +4 after I tested her. She went up 100 points in four hours!!! I don't know what's going on. She seems to be acting fine in all other areas. Maybe we did a furshot this morning too??

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think she's been talking to Gabby. Any chance of a fur shot?

4. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Mocha, you know you shouldn't be going that way, don't you? (Thanks for your kind words, Devon.)

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Ms. Mocha))) confused_cat
    What's up lil momma? Wrong direction, kiddo! Are you just getting us back for the pain we put you through this week? We need your lil body to get into action & sometime soon.. If you will bless us… while your at it.. Please call Baby too cat_pet_icon

6. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

A little bounce from the 55 last night maybe? I hope it clears quickly for Sugar Bear Mocha.

7. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Come on down, Mocha. Nothing to see up there. All the fun is down on the lower floors. Except, of course, the fun of driving your mama crazy with the bedroom door at night. But that's not really all that fun.

8. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/25 mocha amps 265 +4 369 +9 303

Not real sure what's up with these pink numbers. Possibly fur shot? Possibly in pain from mouth? Last night was the first night without pain meds .. I wonder if that might have something to do with it? She seems to be eating up her food without a problem, but again she was doing that before her dental as well.

On a second note, the vet called that did the dental. They had tested mocha for bartonella (a.k.a. cat scratch fever) I didn't think she had it, but they said it's something that commonly causes mouth problems in cats. I guess when a cat has fleas, and they leave "dirt" on a cat, and then the cat scratches themselves, the "dirt" gets into the cats blood stream. Anyways, it was negative so that is good. At least we know for sure she doesn't have that going on.

9. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/25 mocha pmps 217 dental question

Well at least she is down in the low yellows tonight after a full day of stinkus pinkus. Tomorrow will be one week since mocha had her dental. Today she yawned in my face and I got a good look in her mouth. Her gum area still looks red like it did before her dental. Before her dental we thought it was plaque and tartar causing the redness on the gums. Now that is taken care of, and she had teeth removed that were bad. So my question is, is it red from having teeth pulled or is it red from another infection? Is it red from how bad those lesions were? For those of you who have cats who had dentals, and poss either had teeth removed or red gums before the dental, how long did it take for their gums to look better? Mochas breath smells like roses compared to what it smelled like before her dental which is nice. Especially on days like today, when she yawned RIGHT into my face.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Did the dental vet suggest that you have your regular vet take a look after 7 - 10 days? I know my vet asked that I do this so they could make sure there was no infection and that the stitches were dissolving. It might be worth taking Mocha in to have someone who knows what they're looking at take a look.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I like Sienne's suggestion to see if your regular vet can have a look. Mocha had pretty major surgery in there, so I think it would take a while to heal completely, but it's worth getting them to look and be sure things look the way they should.

12. PeterDevonMocha

yes that is a good idea. I'll try to call my vet before to long. I'm not sure if she would be the kind of vet that would be "ok" with checking out someone elses work though. When I went to pick up mochas paperwork to take with us to this other vet, they were all very inquisitive about why we weren't having it done at their clinic. It was awkward to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.