Bud's BG 316 and given 2 units; BG 35 @+4;

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by eeraby, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeraby

eeraby Member

Would someone look at her SS, please?

I put her at her food and she at rapidly... has no symptoms.. put a 'smudge' of Kayro on her gums.

I posted this to the PZI site, also.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

disclaimer: I don't use PZI

That mid-cycle is pretty d*mn low. Maybe Budbud is ready for a small decrease.

Read this page - it looks useful

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. eeraby

eeraby Member

one hour 40 min..... 67

5. janelle and Nomad

janelle and Nomad Member

That is a drastic drop in only four hours. I get nervous if my cat starts getting below sixty. Any changes in your cats eating or bowel movements lately? I can't give any specific dosage advice but you might want to consider a change if this happens again. Hopefully another PZI user can give you more specific advice.

6. SaraJaye

SaraJaye Member

You could consider trying 1.5 units at the next dose and do a full curve across the cycle and see if the numbers get more steady.

7. eeraby

eeraby Member

Thanks, ya'll... she's up to 72.

I've been posting on PZI.

Sorry I posted both places, but I was paniced and didn't know if the PZI folks were on. (New to the PZI board)

Yes, I think it's agreed to cut her dose to 1 unit 2x a day instead of 2units 2x.

Thank you all so much.

8. janelle and Nomad

janelle and Nomad Member

Why shouln't you be able to post on two forums? There may be people outside of the PZI group that coulld offer some good advice. Anyway it sounds like lowering the dose was the prudent thing to do. When the BG goes that low you might also start getting a rebound effect that would make the next ps BG really high. Sounds like your kitty is back on the right track. Sometimes dosing takes a lot of fine tuning. IIt took me quite a while to get my cat on the right dose of lantus but he still occasionally has some rogue numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.