Tommy and Toby Have a Home--Need Transport Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Don, who has adopted Gus and Camille through DCIN called this morning and wants me to pull Toby and Tommy from the Baltimore shelters for him. I have sent emails and voicemails to start the process. I am linking one possible route for the transport (date not yet set). Please let me know if you can help drive.

Map

Thank you SO VERY MUCH, Don, for giving these two extra-sweet orange boys a home!!

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

This is such great news, Venita! I wish I could help with the driving, but it's a bit out of my region. Anyway, thank you Don, for adopting two more fine kitties. You are a super hero!

Ella & Rusty

3. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Way to go Don.... we in Minnesota are cheering everyone on!!!! Let's get the boys home for Christmas... and then a fabulous New Year Party.... :razz:

4. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG that is amazing!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((DON)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

5. pepperthecat1969

pepperthecat1969 Member

What an angel you are DON!!!

6. dholowiski

dholowiski Member

Yay Don!

That's sad, until now I never realized that there must be many diabetic cats in shelters, and it must be really hard to adopt them out :(

7. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Sadly, many shelters, including "no kill" shelters consider diabetic cats to have a chronic medical condition that makes them unadoptable, and so they are not shown for adoption. Bluntly said, they are on the euthanasia track. Don has now saved 3 diabetic cats from that track.

8. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

cheering it all on from California!

9. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Woohoo Don you are my new hero!! What lucky boys to land so softly with you.

Mel & Max

10. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

Just an update to let you know we have the transport all set for this Saturday, December 18. I will be driving to Baltimore and surrounds, leaving way too early in the morning, to break the boys out as soon as the shelters open.

Many thanks to Stefani and Larry for handling legs from Baltimore through the DC area and to Manassas, VA, where the boys will meet their new Dad for their final leg. Toby and Tommy should be HOME by 3pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.