Zobaline Question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rockpea, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockpea

Rockpea Member

I got my order of Zobaline in from Life Link. Is it okay to now start giving this to Rocky? What's the best way to give it? Giving it in the whole pill form to him won't work. He's never been one for pills.
    I would like to start giving it in the morning.

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I haven't used that particular form.... but I was planning on it eventually and I thought I would grind it up into a powder form....
    you can improvise a mortar and pestle ....
    smash it up in a freezer type ziploc and sprinkle it in food...

but I have a cat who doesn't like to swallow pills....

3. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

It dissolves pretty quickly if you add water to their food anyhow, I just put the pill in the dish added water let it set a few minutes while I fixed the rest of my cats' food and then mushed up Autumn's dish last and by then it was already dissolved so it just mixed into her food with the water.

Mel, Maxwell, Autumn & The Fur Gang

4. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

I mashed it with a spoon and added it to a tsp or 2 of Fancy Feast Appertizer - Honey loved that and that way I was guaranteed she would have the whole pill.
    It really helped, btw.

5. Dr Schrodinger

Dr Schrodinger Member

I crush it with a teaspoon into the cap of the bottle, then sprinkle it over & mix it with a tiny portion of food, before they get their evening 'service', so he eats that as his starter, then proceeds to his main course....

6. Rockpea

Rockpea Member

I dissolved it in a little container with water and poured it onto food. I'll try the lesser amount of food first because I did the entire FF can he doesn't eat the entire thing at one time. Now, I'll have to try to get him to eat the entire thing. By late afternoon he's ready for some more fresh food.

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Stupid question but have you tried pill pockets?

8. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Rosy eats it, yes just eat it happily. I place the small pill in one hand filled with her faveorite treat; the salmon treat & she gobbled it all. :lol: :lol:

9. Rockpea

Rockpea Member

Wendy, I tried pill pockets years ago and the little rascal actually ate all the pocket and left the pill. I didn't have a problem dissolving the pill this morning, and he actually went back and ate all of the food, so I know that he got the entire pill, at least today anyway.

10. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Well whatever works! Rockys BG is looking good too which will really help with the neuropathy in conjunction with the pills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.