Zobaline out of stock!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by tortie58, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Can somebody point me to where to order the Zobaline B12 for cats?
    Ive ordered from ilifelink before, now they are out of stock. Ive tried Amazon, but the one they have is Xobaline Meth B12 which got frutose. :? Tks!

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

You could try this brand. It's what I used and have recommended on this board.

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitami ... 0-capsules

Also, if you have a human pharmacy or vitamin store around, you can see what they sell and just read the label to make sure it's the right b12 and doesn't contain extra ingredients and sugars.

3. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Thankyou Hillary for the info. I read from the description of the Vitacost B12, this is written:

"Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), rice flour, stearic acid and magnesium stearate"
    And not recommended for diabetes

Tha's my concern. You find any change in Maui's bg when you feed this?

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

No it didn't affect her BG's at all. I emptied the contents of the capsule into her food, so she didn't get the capsule.

and I figured the amount of rice flour was comparable to the sugars in the zobaline and other similar products. The main difference, this product doesn't have any discernible taste, whereas the zobaline, etc, has a cherry or other fruity flavor and not something Maui would like.

hope this helps.

And again, you can always go to a vitamin shop, human pharmacy, etc and look for the product there to see what you can find.

5. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I recommended this version of Methyl b-12 with my friend's cat and it did not raise BG at all. Zobaline has "Microcrystalline cellulose" as an ingredient (wood pulp) which is a worse ingredient for cats than rice flour imho, but neither are in amounts large enough to affect BG in any discernible way so it's not an issue for either supplement.

Getting the methyl b12 in this form is just as effective, and far cheaper. Note that you get 100 5mg doses via amazon for the capsules for $25, where the Zobaline is costing you $20 for 60 3mg doses. Plus I find that mixing the contents of the capsule in with food makes easier to administer the supplement as opposed to giving it in tablet form with pill pockets.

6. Vidya & Boo

Vidya & Boo Member

The Zobaline for cats is actually unflavoured and unsweetened.

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

ah I didn't know that - when I looked it up a couple years ago it was fruity flavored. Good to know it's not that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.