Zeus AMPS 112 - My first Big Chicken Shot

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by knolet, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

I've posted before that the Vet has said it's OK to shoot at numbers like this as long as I'm feeding Zeus, but I've always been too scared to since I wouldn't be home to monitor. I tested his food spike a couple of times when I haven't shot, and since he has gone up to the 300's to almost 400, I decided that I should shoot today. With that said, I'm still chicken so I gave a Big Chicken Shot of .50. I'm going to test before I leave for work which will be +1 and see what happens... I may have to sneak out of work early to come home before mid-cycle. Hopefully I made the right choice.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The 1/2 unit was a good choice. I would try to take a BG at about +6 to see what it is to help determine it next time you can give more or should give less.

3. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

So I snuck out of work to get a +4 of 353 and then at lunch +7 = 378. I wasn't able to get out for a +6. Since Zeus' BG was high, looks like I should have given a bit more?

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Yes. More would have been better but now you have more data to make the decision the next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.