Our senior cat has been off the juice for over a year now, and doing great. We've scaled back to testing his BG on a weekly basis, and it has always been well within the normal range. Unfortunately, it expectantly spiked back up this week. We haven't been able to get in contact with his vet in the past few days. My question is, how long should we monitor him before we start him back on insulin (Lantus)? We have fresh insulin available, so we could start immediately, but also don't want to rush into it. Is there any reason to delay? If this is answered elsewhere, I apologize in advance and would welcome someone pointing me to that discussion.