What's up with her pm+1, +2 and +3?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mandy S, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I've never seen Sissy's numbers do this before. Her PMPS was lower than her +1, +2 and +3 and all three of those numbers aren't budging? I gave her the regular dose she's been getting...1.25 of Lantus.
    Why are they higher than her PMPS?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Because she's a cat and driving the hoomin crazy is just what they do?....LOL

But seriously, it looks like she might just be doing a baby bounce. She did drop to 107 today and although that's nowhere near "too low", it's lower than she's been before.

3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I wondered if it was a bounce. I'm not sure how to recognize that yet..I've read about it here, but not confident in my spreadsheet reading skills yet. lol I was so excited she got into those lower numbers today and told her so...she's maybe letting me know to chill out.

4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Is it possible she got a partial fur shot? That'd be a reason too.
    I was told before that it's not unusual to see a slight raise sometimes before it goes down.

Bounces are usually going to be more dramatic, a steady climb rather than flat.

5. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

@Panic , I always shoot then she stays in my lap and I pet her some more and I didn't feel anything wet on her fur. So I really don't think so. I just thought it was odd for her. I looked over her spreadsheet and this is a new one...never has gone up more than the pre shot number before.

6. Chris & China (GA)

On thing though....IF she continues with flat yellow throughout this cycle, be ready for tomorrow.

Sometimes those flat yellow cycles can precede a very active cycle....not always, but enough that we watch the next cycle carefully after someone's had a flat yellow

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Good to know. I'm going to get a +4 before I go to bed, just to see what she's doing.

8. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

She came down a little finally...not much though.

So looking at this...is it likely she'll just stay up through the night? Or should I test her later. I wonder if she'll have a big drop?

Also, I was thinking about her shot. I tent up her skin like we're supposed to, but she's been not liking that much lately and it's actually harder to do the last few days...like there's not as much give with her skin. Is it possible I gave it in the wrong layer? I really don't think I did, and I don't know if that matters? The possible fur shot question above had me thinking back to her shot. I know it wasn't wet...but was thinking of the difference in the last few cycles of her skin.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. Chris & China (GA)

I think you're probably good to call it a night but if you happen to get up in the wee hours, it's always a great time to grab a test as long as you're up anyway!

A lot of us drink large glasses of water in the evening so we have to get up! ;)

10. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

It's not usually a problem. lol That's how I got her 4am check in this morning. lol Although I tried several times to get blood before I realized I hadn't put the needle in the lancet. I was up...maybe not fully awake. :facepalm:

11. Chris & China (GA)

Totally understand! There were many times that I had no memory of testing China except there was a number on the meter! After awhile, you learn to "ghost-test" without fully waking up.

12. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Well...it's going on 3am...I might as well test one more time before I go to bed. By the time I let the dogs out and brush my teeth it will be time for a +5.

I think I'm going to start moving her test time back an hour so that on most nights, I will be able to go to sleep earlier. I picked 10 as the shot time because usually someone is here at that time morning or night. But I didn't realize at the beginning that you don't just test before a shot! ha!

13. Annie & Kozmo

Annie & Kozmo Member

If you’re anything like me, it won’t be the last time either :)

My husband caught me trying to use the lancet device upside down! He gently took it out of my hand and pointed me in the direction of bed, then took over testing duty lol

14. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Good hubby you've got there, Annie. :)

Mogs

15. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Well she never did really drop last night. She was still 295 at AMPS this morning. It's just strange because it was a total different cycle than she had before. I really am wondering if I didn't mess up her shot somehow...I know it wasn't a fur shot, maybe I didn't get the right amount in the needle...although I check and recheck to the point of madness so I don't think that's it either. I guess it's just her weirdness. I'll check her again at +2 and see how she is today.

16. Critter Mom

Hi Mandy,

Some doses get better absorbed than others. Some Lantus cycles are more 'active', some less.

Sissy stayed nice and steady through the night. As Chris said above:

Lets see how Sissy gets on today. :)

Mogs

17. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I'm glad she stayed steady all night. I'll watch her today. I'm hoping she'll curl up with me here in a bit and take a nap. I'm dragging bad today.

I have a spreadsheet question...if I need to start a new thread I will, but if you know how to fix it, great. The borders on my spreadsheet are missing on a lot of posts. I've tried editing and putting borders back but it's not working. It's making me crazy.
    Anyone know how to fix it?

18. Chris & China (GA)

Can you get a screenshot of what you're seeing? Spreadsheet looks OK to me

19. Critter Mom

Just providing some feedback: it views fine on Windows 10 laptop (Firefox) and also OK in Google Sheets on my Android tablet.

Mogs

20. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

This is how I see it on my app on my phone or from my computer with Windows 10.
    When I open everyone else's the boxes all have lines around each entry.

Attached Files:

21. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

wow lookit dem numbers! Pretty darn good. ;):coffee:

Critter Mom likes this.
  22. Chris & China (GA)

Looks like there's lines around each one to me...but with some of the colors, the lines kind of disappear

23. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Yeah, in that picture the yellow boxes only have lines on the side...it just looks weird to me. lol But as long as I can make sense of it I guess it's okay.

24. Critter Mom

Morning, ladies. :)

I'm now getting the same 'missing cell borders' problem as Mandy has on Sissy's spreadsheet when it's displayed on both my Windows 10 PC and my Android tablet.

I wonder whether this might be a Google software issue? When I accessed Sheets just now they've changed it to automatically use a black background, not a white one (you can change it in the settings) so they've definitely been mucking around with stuff behind the scenes.

Mogs

25. Critter Mom

26. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

It drives me nuts to have to change it to the white background every time. I do use it from my laptop the most but when I do have to use the app it's annoying. I'm glad I'm not just seeing things. lol Thanks for checking and reporting it.

27. jt and trouble (GA)

So THATS what a cell border is. :rolleyes:
    Me is clueless as usual.:oops:

28. Critter Mom

@jt and trouble (GA) -

Our paths in life are all different, Jeanne. On our way we all pick up varied but equally useful skills. Division of labour, it's the human way of things. :)

Mogs

29. jt and trouble (GA)

Boy dont I know this! lol ;)

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.