Welcome new members Judy and Pinky looking, insulin options

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sweetgrass & the Furries, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

2. Judy and Pinkie

Judy and Pinkie New Member

Oh my , just this one post about insulin, etc. tells me soo much: even my vet is not advising me properly. When she gave me the vial of Vetsulin, it already had white residue in the bottom, and she told me not to shake, but to "roll" it gently around until it was mixed. The pens are probably the best way "pens" of green tea extract for a rescue kitty with gum disease: extract it with a syringe, and then remove the needle and give it orally. Even though I was making these mistakes(rolling, drawing and then replacing the excess into the bottle) Pinkie's glucose level came down from 321 to 118. THey were blood draws at the vet's office, and she is to go tomorrow for another. I will begin home testing now that I have the supplies, but need to study now to do that well: I did know to keep it in the refrigerator from taking care of a diabetic lady in the past.
    I have switched her to completely wet food, and fortunately had some of the acceptable low carb canned food on hand as well as the BG (grain free wet food). She is eating well, and not as dehydrated as she was before when I was giving her sub Q liquids before we knew what was happening with her. But she is still drinking a ton of water and urinating the same: a lot.
    Thanks Kimmee for the information. Made a copy of it for my "Pinkie" book along with other information so I can have it readily available. Is there a website to order the supplies that might be less expensive than a pharmacy? Thanks to everyone for sharing so much to help us. Judy and Pinkie

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Yup...look up just to the left on this page...do you see a green box? Hocks.com should be cheaper for some things and when you click that box and order from Hocks this forum gets a percentage of the profit donated1 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.