? Vacation planning with OTJ cat

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by ramonaghan, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramonaghan

ramonaghan Member

Hi all,

I'm looking for advice about scheduling a pet sitter for 5 days in September when we're in Iceland. I have Henry, who was on Lantus for a little less than a month before going off the juice at the first of this year, and Olive the civvie. (Our dog will be staying with my sister.) We have an interview with a pet sitter this weekend. She was a vet tech for several years and can give insulin injections should Henry need them at that point (anti-jinx). I work from home and currently give Henry and Olive both five small meals a day, which is what gets a little tricky with a pet sitter. This pet sitter can stay overnight and come by 2x a day in addition to that, or she can come by 4x a day (poor girl--that's so much driving!). Neither option is cheap, but I want to keep Henry's routine as stable as possible and not set him back at all. Am I worrying too much for such a short trip? My husband thinks 3x a day would be sufficient. I suppose we could have the sitter leave catsicles, which we haven't tried before, but Henry would probably eat them frozen! Also, Olive has managed to open both timed feeders we've tried, including the PetSafe, and then lets Henry eat her serving. So those are out as an option. What do you guys do when you're out of town?

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Not many folks check this forum. Try posting in Health.

Also, in the upper right hand corner is a search box and you can do a search for vacation, sitter, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.