Info Uploading Files

Discussion in 'Announcements & How to use the FDMB' started by Robert and Echo, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Right now the "Upload a File" button is broken. I'm working on figuring out why. Until it's fixed, you can conveniently just open your file explorer window, and drag the file you want into the message itself, and it will attach.

Check the attached file on this message for an example.

Attached Files:

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Any status on this? Being on tablet I can not do the alternative.

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Copy and Paste works. On apple devices, go to your photo and click the share button (the box with arrow pointing up) and then click Copy photo; in your post, you can then hold down and paste it. I could be wrong, but I don't think this works for files though you can always do a screenshot and then upload the photo how I said. Hope that helps some :bighug:

JanetNJ and RachelG like this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Not on a Kindle I can't.

5. Olive & Paula

Such a shame. So many of us can't post the other ways.

Will it ever be fixed?

6. Summer and Susie

Summer and Susie Member

I was wondering how some people are able to attach photos but I cannot.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Copy the image and paste into the text box, or drag and drop also works if you are on a computer.

8. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

For the past month I've sometimes had to log off, then log back in to post photos. I get the dreaded "You are not authorized..." warning. It's no big deal.
    I use a mouse (old timer), Windows 7 and Google Dull.
    -Upload a File takes me to my file tree
    -Documents/Libraries takes me to My Pictures
    -Left click the photo and I'm done. Dragging never worked but the site is free no?
    Again no big deal but does anyone else find having multiple YouTube links in a thread slows everything down?
    Stating the obvious here. Photo files have to be JPEG. I don't know about phones but most point&shoot cameras use JPEG as the default. If you have "forever" photos save them in TIF and on more than one drive. Software to convert file formats is either free or dirt cheap.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021 at 8:49 PM
    Reason for edit: too long