Updates on DoDo

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by lovetheduns, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

So I wanted to give an update on Little DoDo.

We have been doing pretty good! Today our pre-shot was 137-- which made me wish I had done a little bit of a curve last night. I did give him a skinny unit yesterday morning.

We have become very proficient with testing--- in fact when I go to grab little DoDo he sits very nicely on the counter as soon as I start rubbing his ear, then he lies down. Yesterday evening, I had to prick twice because he was being too loving-- and was too excited about the attentions. He KNOWS he will get a "fishy" as soon as it is done-- and let me tell you those dried salmon treats is like kitty heroin to him.

Other than that-- I have yet to pick up the u100 syringes-- it has been a crazy week and I have not even gotten up in the middle of the night to check his sugars.

He has had a ton more energy and is a little scrappy fellow again.

We are trying to work on integrating him back with the other kitties (he is still living in my mom's bedroom and ajoining bathroom) but he gets very very nervous when the others come around and they are so curious so baby steps to that point.

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Christina - what's your no shoot # for DoDo? I was surprised to see you shoot at 137. Are you shooting a sliding scale?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes that was almost a no shoot #...at a # like that it's best to wait an hour and see if dodo is actually on her way up or potentially going down on her own.

actually just checked your ss and it looks like you have a handle on your shots.
    still, be careful, very careful...when dodo's amps or pmps are low like that she could be heading for the falls and you don't want to interfer with that and cause a hypo or rebound.

2 most scary shooting times. in the beginning when it all starts. and towards the end if she looks like she's going to remission.

4. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Christina? Where are you? Was checking on the SS today to see how DoDo was doing. How were his #'s last night?

5. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

Hi there

Sorry yesterday was very busy and haven't updated the spreadsheet yet.

So when he was at 137-- I did a 1/2 and it was a skinny 1/2.

Later that evening-- he was I believe in the mid300s.

This morning after a 1 he was at 237.

I have found that it seems like when we do check around 5 or 6-- he is not really gone lower-- so the curve must be happening after that time period.

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Christina - do you have any #'s that you're not posting? I am almost thinking you need to go with a lower dose for tonight, but I can't be sure because of no midshot #'s. If you can't get them, that's fine. We can work with what you can get. What it looks like is happening is that the dose is still too high. Can you lower to .6 tonight? If you're too high, dropping the dose and starting over a bit lower might be very helpful especially since DoDo doesn't have a history of ketones.

What's your testing situation? On the weekend can you get more tests in? If you can get a full curve this weekend, that would help a lot. Are you using U100's for dosing? Sorry about me and the questions, just want to make sure I'm not saying "Hey shoot .6" and you're thinking "Good lord, this woman has the sight of a hawk!" ('cause that sure isn't the truth.) I know DoDo's see sawing now, but he'll get there. I think a few cycles at a lower dose will give you a better view of where he's at. ProZinc seems to cause BIG changes with tiny dose changes.

7. lovetheduns

lovetheduns Member

Hi there

Sorry I was finishing a final and work has been nuts this week with visiting executives.

I have updated DoDo's spreadsheet. We have no ketones-- I have tested.

I thought there was a rebound with his level today. So it is just a little frustrating.

I did get some U100 needles so I am going to try those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.