Update on Bert

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy

Kathy Member

OK...I am nervous to say this, but I think we found the right vet :D

He just made me feel so comfortable and is very on board with home testing. He made me feel like he actually cared about my cats health and not so much about my wallet.

Bert was dropped of there at about 8:30AM on Wednesday.
    I called in the late afternoon and even thought they said he was doing fine they wanted to keep him overnight, so they could get his BG in the morning.
    I was a bit apprehensive to let him stay, but the vet said he only had Bert's best interest at heart.

So I am to call this morning at 8AM and they will let him come home at about 8:30-9:00AM.
    He will be on Lantus. Not sure how much yet, but I am going to go post a thread in the insulin support for some advice on what I should ask when I pick him up.
    I have done his BG at home, but I have never given him insulin. I just want to make sure I do it right. Giving the shot does not bother me it is making sure I shoot at the right time and how much food to give him and then when to retest his BG.

I will let you know when his furry little face is home again :mrgreen:

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.