Understanding Corky's Cycles 06/16/24 - "Follow up from Make Me Understand

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CORKY, Jun 16, 2024.

1. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Corky looks like he's going to be alright after last night's sudden surprise, considering increase, but for tonight, we'll see.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

We will not be increasing Corky’s dose any time soon. He had green nadirs last night so no need to increase.

3. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Awesome
    awesome

4. Suzanne & Darcy

:DAnother green tonight!

CORKY likes this.
  5. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Actually 2:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

6. Suzanne & Darcy

I only see one green - a 92 and a 102. But that’s very good. No more food.

7. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

your correct only one green ,but it makes me happy, we are starting a good morning as well, :bighug::bighug::joyful::D:cat::cat:

8. Suzanne & Darcy

A nice steady drop today

CORKY likes this.
  9. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

another green YEEEEEE! :D:D:D:D:bighug::cat::cat::cool:

10. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. Saw that one coming! Now if we can just keep him thee. Hope you didn’t feed him too much/too many spoonsful or too many carbs.

11. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

NOPE!! I’m hanging in there see SS. surprise!!

12. Suzanne & Darcy

Well at least it’s a good string of low blues. Very close to green and very normal numbers. Good boy, Corky!

CORKY likes this.
  13. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

It's 3:00PM, I know is early, and still, I am hesitant to shoot too low since yesterday's Bg @ PMPS 194 and he was quite low by 9:00PM, I will test @ 5PM and perhaps you can be on board if he's in the low low 100'S, perhaps?? and we can discuss PMPS if necessary?:bighug::bighug::cat::cat::(

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  14. Suzanne & Darcy

I will try to be here at 5. Of course, you already shot a 118 two nights ago and Corky had a lovely cycle.

15. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Thank you

16. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Hi here I am to bother you again just tested Corky 5PM /117 ????

17. Suzanne & Darcy

That’s the +11 number? So you still have 1 hour to go?

CORKY likes this.
  18. Suzanne & Darcy

If he is still hovering in a similar range at 6:00, go ahead and shoot the full dose like you did two nights ago. He hasn’t given us any reason to reduce yet. This time, I would like you to feed a few more carbs at dinner time and at +2 snack. Do you have any 6 percent carbs food? If not give the 4 percent. Most of your food is really low carb - under 4 percent - and I really would like to try something in the 6-8 percent range to see how it goes. You could try the chunky 4 percent chicken at dinner time and something higher at +2 (but still under 10 percent carbs). Then at +4 I would like to see his number to decide what to feed then.

CORKY likes this.
  19. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Could you find out for me the FF Medley Tuna Florentine in a light broth how much carbs it has ? Besides the 4% that I have which is the Trout Flake and Chicken feast chunky 4% I also have FF WITH GRAVIES

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  20. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Just called Chewy, the Medley I have here is less than 10 %

21. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Corky is going to drive me to Drink:D he just hit 126 , so we are good, I will be giving him the 4% only!! sorry to bother you so much, but my hand were frozen (still are) in fear when I get to these configurations:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat: will again test @ 8 8:30 9 9:30 10 as usual just to be safe, you know SAFE is my middle name:arghh::cat::cat:

22. Suzanne & Darcy

No Fancy Feast gravy lovers. Those are for when he drops below 50

23. Suzanne & Darcy

There’s very little difference between a 117 and 126. It’s all within meter variance. The insulin will onset (kick in) at +2, and BG will start to go down beginning at +2, and will continue to go down from there. I still would prefer a slightly higher carb like a 6-8 percent now and at +2, but since all you have is LC then 4 percent will have to do. Expect some green tonight (hopefully). Corky will be very safe. I do not have any fear of him dropping into a dangerous number.

I And definitely no gravy lovers as I said in my previous post.

24. Suzanne & Darcy

Is that all they said? Less than ten percent? Not very helpful.

25. Suzanne & Darcy

Please let me know that you have read my last THREE messages.

CORKY likes this.
  26. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Yes I did, sorry I did not respond sooner a neighbor stopped by, and yes Chewy said less then 10%, I have not used a can of gravy since the beginning of diagnose and change from dry to FF and I was not aware of the pates of low carb Food list, I did not give any carbs at all but the Chicken Chunky 4 % with the last BG I got I did not consider it necessary, just checked again @ +1 and BG stands @ 133 is still early though, am I up to par?? did I miss anything??:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

27. Suzanne & Darcy

I see the 148 and the 131 and it is all good. Don’t test again until +4. Give yourself and Corky a break.

28. Suzanne & Darcy

+4 101. Next test green. Lowest carb only

CORKY likes this.
  29. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

30. Suzanne & Darcy

Yep. I saw the 101. That’s why I said next test would be green. You are doing fine.

CORKY likes this.
  31. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

97@+4 any instructions???? actually I think we are going to be ok for the rest of the evening, I will test one last time @ 11PM and call it a night thank you for everything :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat::D:D:joyful::joyful:;)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
  32. Suzanne & Darcy

It’s all good. He’s just fine and we can see from his spreadsheet that he’s done this before so you can have confidence that he will be safe overnight. Good night, Maria.

CORKY likes this.
  33. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

11PM /101 Good night sweetheart again thank you:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat::joyful:

34. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Hi! I think we had a pretty stable day, waiting for tonight's greens, My Combat Boots are already on!!!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::):D:D:joyful::joyful::cat::cat:

35. Suzanne & Darcy

I hope so. Just keep it really low carb tonight.

CORKY likes this.
  36. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Yes Maam

37. Suzanne & Darcy

:)Don’t forget to fill in the units shot this morning

38. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Thank you

39. Suzanne & Darcy

Corky has the blues!

40. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:;):cat::cat:
    Indeed he does!!!!!

41. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

One Green to please you!! Have a good night !:joyful::D:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

42. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes, I was hoping that with the lower preshot number last night he would have a green.

43. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Me too he was lowww last night I was hesitant weather to check one last time, but I remembered Red's class about safe numbers. It was a strange morning, I filled the syringe covered the needle, went to the bedroom to shoot, opened the cap syringe bent, so I filled another, went to the room, went to shoot, as I was lifting his tent and got close to his skin, I accidentally pressed the syringe and all the fluid came out of the syringe, I wasn't even sure at this point if the needle went in or not, but his back was all wet, went back for another syringe, made the shot, but I was still really worried some insulin went in or not, by +4 went to test, and it read 38, I became dizzy, I freaked out ran to the kitchen put Karo in a syringe took out HC,I was ready; so I get to the sofa and I was hesitant, so I tested again before any remedy, and the reading was 171 it was a bad strip, and I just cried and laughed at the same time. Thank God for second thoughts!!!:bighug::bighug:;):coffee::cat::cat:

44. Suzanne & Darcy

You certainly had a difficult time last night. Just so you know, the rule of this Board is never to give a shot if you have a partial fur shot. It is better to skip than to put kitty in danger. Even if a drop got in and you shoot again, there could be danger.

He was not too low at all to shoot at this dose. You shot an identical number the night before (147/148) last and you shot a 118 on this dose as well. So you have already proven that he can be safe on an even lower number than last night’s preshot. But I always understand the nerves. There’s always the “what if” factor that runs through your mind.

CORKY likes this.
  45. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

the issue was THIS MORNING @ AMPS @ 10:00AM last night was good

46. Suzanne & Darcy

I don’t get it. This morning he was yellow in the 200s at AMPS. Oh…. you mean all the trouble with shooting was this morning. I understand. But when in doubt never re-shoot. Sorry I thought you meant last night— I was up all night with a sick cat at the ER. Not functioning that well.

CORKY likes this.
  47. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

So sorry about your cat hope he or she gets better. And yes it was this morning and I did miss the shot all together by looking at the numbers today I was sure, but the thought was scary, we know that at times when he hits a green he goes into yellow we’ve noticed the pattern, we might get green tonight also he tested @ 4:00 / 137 we’ ll see he so unpredictable, gotta keep those boots on tight. You have a great day and if we do not communicate again for now a great weekend as well:bighug::bighug::cat::cat:

48. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

I will be starting a new thread we are on Post #44, do you have a preference in titles? I have no idea...:bookworm::cool::cat::cat:

49. Suzanne & Darcy

No no no. Why did you give Karo when Corky was at 65? Keep in mind that 65 is a good and safe number. Reminder: We do not use Karo or HC food unless Corky drops below 50. Getting a 65 five hours into the cycle is good. He was nearing nadir - and possibly already was at nadir (because he doesn’t always wait until +6 to nadir.). So he was probably going to have a nice little surf in green for a while. What you should do next time is to feed some LC and retest in 30 minutes to make sure he’s stable and not going below 50. Many times, just a spoonful of LC will help the cat to surf in green. Even medium carb would be preferable.

Another reminder: The rule is: when giving Karo to raise BG, you have to stay on the job and keep testing for 2 hours to make sure the cat does not drop back down.

In this case, the karo was completely not necessary. But how can you be so scared and give karo and then not test anymore after that? I see no tests after the 65 where you gave the karo?

50. CORKY

CORKY Well-Known Member

Im sorry I tested 2 more times after that. I was so tired and I have been in pain all day and night last night 1/113 then another last one was 115

51. Suzanne & Darcy

Good. I thought it was not like you to not test. He zoomed up from the karo

CORKY likes this.