UN-ba-lieveable!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so i got tom back on the juice after our 1 week experiment where he did EXACTLY the same thing he would do as if he were ON the juice.
    As per Gator I opened a fresh new bottle of insulin....and the first thing tom does is go UP. on token dose. Yep. Up. is'nt that the wrong direction? and it's not rebound up...well, i'm not sure what the 8th was. he did throw up that morning (pre-test) but c'mon...186 that night.
    today doing a bit more the normal tom thing but at +2 he was on a gentle glide down which means pancrease and insulin were not in on it together as before.
    the Only reason i'm even shooting this cat is becuase i feel that with those 230's his pancrease is in overdrive (even if he does make it down himself) and i fear i'll burn his mr. P out if i don't help it along some.
    now i'll go fill in ss.
    any comments, jokes, whatevers would be appreciated.

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

:oops:

OK, how about SLGS from .4 on up? lol

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the what??? SLGS???

4. Gator & H (GA)

Start Low Go Slow. [maybe modified to compensate for the dawn phenom]

Yea, as you point out, you will have to make up your mind between low numbers that supposedly "heal" the P and numbers that are technically OK.

There is a point in the 24 hr you would like the numbers to be lower. You might consider yourself lucky that you have only one of those points.... Anyway, shooting into that number might be the next objective.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh ok, i get it. but gator don't you think it's stressful to mr. p to have to tackle those #'s without help.
    i could always just wave the bottle over his head and see if that works :lol:
    seriously, you do know i'm using pzi idexx right? not the pro zinc. i don't think anything under .4 is worth shooting with that insulin. i believe jojo told me it's not really doing anything at that dose.

6. Gator & H (GA)

I can promise you that under .4u does something for H. So, yea, Jojo.. I'm not quite sure what to say about that...

Check out our SS lately:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... XYwVFJ4M0E
    It's sad because H is starving himself slowly right now but you can tell there is a clear difference between .2, .3 and .4.

My suggestion was to see of Tomtom was above the renal threshold and that *might* give you a better idea of how much stress his little body is under. Though this would be very inexact and behavior I think should be factored into the equation even before renal threshold.

So, if I were in your boots, I'd be like, "Well I can wake up at 4a and shoot into this [and figure out the right amount to shoot into this] or I can hope his Mr. P is not getting too stressed." Or you can try shooting more at night. But right now it is not clear any dose you are giving has any traction. You are like me, I don't test at night and unfortunately for you that's when the action is happening. Yea, I really do feel for you - sux - you have a mixed blessing on your hands.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'm back to testing and shooting at night since #'s are up. this am we're at 287. shot .6
    the reason i stopped testing at night was i never came up with what i considered a shootable #. why waste strips.
    now that #'s are going up....and that started when i put him back on the insulin..coincidence? i don't know.
    i really don't sense these to be rebound. i think what jojo said was i was not shooting enough at .4 to worry about hypo (thus rebound) with his #'s in the early 100's.

8. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Jojo knows far more than I do, obviously, but I can tell you that a dose of less than 0.4u worked for Buzz for a month until she went OTJ (on Idexx). Soooooo, draw your own conclusions. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.