Tonka: one year without insulin injections

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by jmalasiuk, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

I haven't been on the board much the past several months, but I just wanted to check in to let you know that Tonka has made it a full year without needing any insulin injections :cat:. His readings are still a touch higher than the "average" diabetic-cat-in-remission, but they've only snuck up above the healthy range when he was either in pain or stressed - which is not often. He likes to sit around 5.0 (90), give or take. I'm hoping that that's just where he likes to be. He's active (when not snoozing) and back to his pre-diabetes goofy self. His legs are back to being as strong as they ever were (nerve damage reversed). His weight is back up a touch, but seems to have stabilized and the vet is happy with where he is. Tonka always thinks that he is starving, regardless of where his blood sugar levels are :rolleyes:.

I'm so glad that my vet had included this group as a resource on the print outs she gave me when Tonka was diagnosed. Thank you again for all your help last year.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

What a lovely report! Thank you for sharing it with us.

3. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

I am so very happy your fur son is doing well and thank you for sharing it brightens our day!

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

5. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

Thanks all. Here's hoping that spring is good to everyone :)

6. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Impressed that your vet included the board as a resource! So happy to hear your 1 year report, Best to you, Kathe and Coral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.