tom's #'s today

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have it from a reliable source that this remission is most likely due to onset of hyperthyroid which is as of yet not diagnosed. for those interested look at these #'s for his first day of insulin, a tiny microscopic dose.

amps 217 1/4 to 1/3 u (approximately)
    +3 68 kinda kickin in fast
    +4 90 ok, whatever. that was an early nadir
    +8 122
    +14 107 no shot tonight.

i've been feeding him small meals all day instead of his normal 3 large meals due to his face staring at his food bowl constantly.
    i hope my baby is ok, i've never seen a remission with this kind of bizaar bg activity. weeks # are posted in my last thread.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

well, something seems to be helping get the sugar out of his blood....

could be:
    exercise (hyper-T can cause hyperactivity)
    insulin from pancreas
    something else using the sugar (cancer *antijinx*)

It could be that Tom's pancreas is helping out, and can handle the smaller meals better than the big meals.

Do you leave food out all day for him?

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got some helpful info Lori. A couple of us here have an I-131 (? is that the right term) kitty, and I think there are some too who are on hyperT meds. I don't know much about it, but hopefully you can get a quick answer with blood tests, and hopefully a straightforward treatment if it is that.

Thanks for the update! Keep us posted. :)

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I-131 is the radioactive iodine treatment used to treat/cure hyperthyroidism.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+30 113 :mrgreen:
    and yet just gotta know 'something' is wrong'
    i'm just glad at least for the time being his body is not getting all sugared up.
    major storms passing thru our way starting tonight, may drop 8-20 inches of rain with big ole gusts up to 60 mph. this is especially treacherous in the landslide canyon in which i live.
    storms supposed to last till friday.
    we have food and insulin if needed before we can get to a vet.
    hoping with all my heart and soul it's not cancer.

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Wow, Lori, that is a lot of rain! Sending good thoughts your way not only for safety in the storm but for Tom's # to stay good and for you to be able to figure out what's going on with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.