Tibby's 2nd remission

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Marsha & Tibby, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsha & Tibby

Marsha & Tibby Member

Tibby was on 1/4 unit once a day for the last 2 months, but is now off the juice! This is his second remission.
    I have stopped using a gravity feeder with kibble for free-feeding between meals, so hopefully this will keep Tibby trim. Unfortunately, he and the other cats are not very happy about this, and have been knocking over the kitchen garbage a couple times a day. I am giving them more canned food at their regular mealtimes. I usually had weight management kibble in the feeder, but some still got chubby on that. I think the kibble formulated for kidney issues was the worst for Tibby's BG.

His initial diabetes diagnosis was when he was hospitalized for DKA (I didn't even know he was diabetic!). He was on Lantus for only a little over a month last year, then went OTJ. This July the diabetes came back after he gained a lot of weight. I had gotten complacent and didn't catch it as soon as I should have, but before he went into DKA at least. Definitely going to be more diligent about still testing his BG this time around!

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

That is great news Marsha. I am so jealous. You have some good points about periodic testing. I suspect many cats in remission would benefit from occasional testing.

Magic Johnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.