Theo's OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Arienna, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arienna

Arienna Member

Howdy folks! Theo just got off the juice so I thought I'd come introduce myself you all you folks here at the falls.

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Yeah Theo! Good job and welcome to the falls. I saw you had a nice party over in Relaxed a couple of days ago. Good foods and good times were had by all. Plus, you got your name back! What kitty could ask for more, since we all know how much your mommabean loves you.

Keep it up and hope you have a long, long vacation at the falls.

3. Arienna

Arienna Member

Thanks Deb! We have an appointment at the very Monday to check in and come up with some non-steroid solutions to our allergies. :x

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

They can do blood t.or skin esting to identify the triggers.

There are some antihistamines available, depending on the allergy source.

5. coreycat

coreycat New Member

Hi...I am so happy you got your kitty Theo OTJ..congrats. I am new and I am trying to get my kitty OTJ..He's been on Lantus since Feb 1st and is at 8 units a day. His vet and I are trying to regulate him and eventually and hopefully with the proper diet and dose..we can achieve that goal.I am new to the board .May I ask you what insulin and amounts you ended up at to get Theo OTJ..I am following a strict high protein diet-no dry food EVER and dosing every 12 hours with Lantus. What type of insulin did you use on Theo? I know it takes time and patience and testing which thankfully we can all do at home .It hasn't been that long for us and Corey is a happy cat and I am aiming for OTJ like you and Theo ..any suggestions...Did you do tight regulation..Every 12 hours is the time for Lantus w/us ..The units were increased slowly and we are staying at 8 units and I watch closely..His vet is a very nice woman that is working with us... Thanks for any advice... I know be patient and diligent... :)

6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi coreycat!

If you start your own topic over in the Feline Health forum, we'll get you started on learning more about feline diabetes. That's where we expect to see posts from new members.

Hope to see you over there.

7. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

HI THEP!!! I was wondering about you yesterday! Hope this allergy stuff goes away...dat's awful isn't it?

BIG HUGS Arienna!!! Thank you for posting!

8. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome, Coreycat,

As Deb says, do please post on the main health forum, as you will attract many more eyes to your post.
    8 units is a very high dose. Do I understand you correctly that you are testing your kitty's blood glucose at home?

Best wishes to you,

Eliz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.