THANK YOU For Existing… ❤️

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CCL, Mar 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCL

CCL New Member

Our 99% was diagnosed last Saturday, and I have spent every free moment scouring the Internet for information…which, as we all know, isn’t always comprehensive - or correct. If I hadn’t found this site I would have made some costly (and possibly harmful) decisions about food and insulin brand. I am still going through all the info this site (and forum) has, but I wanted to take a beat and give you all HUGE and heartfelt gratitude.

I know that all of you have been through the shock and fear I am going through right now, but finding this little corner of the Web has lessened my panic and I am so utterly grateful.

You will see me lots. If I can’t find the answer I will ask. And ask. And ask. Hopefully, I will one day be able to pass on your kindness and education to someone else.

In the meantime, I just wanted to say thank you - and tell you ALL that you are amazing creatures.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

:)Hi and welcome to you and your beautiful kitty.
    Let us know how we can help you.
    The best insulins for cats are Lantus ( which I prefer) or Prozinc.
    The best starting dose for these insulins is 0.5 to 1 Unit.
    Feed a low carb diet and look at hometesting the blood glucose.
    Ask lots of questions
    Bron :banghead:

CCL likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

We're here to help. Please let us know how we can do so.

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

What a beautiful kitty cat! Those are some very striking colorations on her/his face!

curious, what do you mean by "our 99%"?

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to FDMB. We understand the shock and overwhelming feelings you are experiencing. It is normal and I want to assure you that it gets better. Feline Diabetes can be managed with a good long acting insulin, a low carb canned or raw food diet and home testing. We can help you learn everything you need to know. Ask any questions you may have. You have a lot of experienced people here to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.