supplements and meds.. any advice appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kitten68, Jun 12, 2024.

1. kitten68

kitten68 Member

thinking of starting my kitty on Milk Thistle as it was suggested to me from a a few sources to do so to help w possible liver issues, cuz he supposedly might have some due to high liver enzymes.. (to see more of what was going on outside of bloodwork was to get a $600 scan.. terrible. now a bit prohibitive atm.. :()

he is currently also on Revolution for any bugs, a Proviable probiotic, and also Nordic Naturals fish oil.. if anyone might have some knowledge/idea if all these things are ok to take together.. plz lmk.

would space them out in between shots (also on Lantus..)

will be consulting a few places to see also what they say.. :bookworm: thinking of universities, etc. maybe manufacturers..

(and so glad to hear Proviable is ok! didnt realize that probiotics could have carbs in there….. makes sense. :facepalm:…..)

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. kitten68

kitten68 Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You might want to see if there's a reputable holistic vet in your area. I suspect that most university based clinics don't focus on supplements. The manufacturers are likely going to give you a good deal of PR vs science.

kitten68 likes this.
  5. kitten68

kitten68 Member

will look some up :woot:.. tried looking and looks like slim pickings but maybe can find one. and i was going to call the colleges, the departments. haha. talk to a big professor lol.. couldnt hurt (?)

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

If you're going to call a vet school or university, remember, they are likely on summer break.

kitten68 likes this.
  7. kitten68

kitten68 Member

some places have summer classes ~ but true! will keep in mind. :cat: just trying to find some help w this.. cuz the vet keeps harping on it and blah blah.. :/ and it was suggested to start Milk Thistle and many also say how much it has helped anything w liver.. eh. need to go through my threads..