Sunshine and sitting in the grass does wonders for a cat!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Hi,

We live in a second story condo, and this year I figured out that Squeaky and I could take a little animal playpen and sit outside in the grass on it. He LOVES it!!!!

This morning he was all droopy, hardly moved at all, and I told him, "We're going OUT." I went outside to arrange the playpen and when I came back, he was sitting right inside the front door waiting to go out!

We only stayed out about 40 minutes or so. He was very animated. Then he asked to come back in and ate some of his food from last night that he hadn't previously touched. And he looks a lot less droopy!

He feels like a natural animal when he's out there! I wish we had a yard! I do sit in the playpen with him so he will feel secure. Especially, a lot of people walk dogs around the condo complex. They are usually quite helpful and just steer their dogs away from us. If there was trouble he could hide in my lap.

Hope this gives others some ideas for a healing thing to do. I think the earth energy, the fresh air, and the stimulation of the sights and sounds are really healing medicine for someone who has to get poked and prodded all the time.

Hugs, Jan

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

YEP ! This is so nice of you to share! When my sweet Waldo was in final stages of RCM We rigged up a moving lead from the back door to a tree across the yard. (He always had the run of the neighborhood but was so sick...we didnt think he would like that . We rigged a harness to pull from the back door out to that tree. He spent most of his last days laying in the tall grass under that tree. When he got hungry or thirsty he just lumbered back into the house then went right back under the tree. He was so happy laying out in the tall grass.
    *sniff*
    Love you Waldo. He was such a trip!

Jan D & Squeaky and Sharon14 like this.
  3. Howiesmom

Howiesmom Member

Yes, I take Howie out whenever I can on his harness! Just to see him mouth grass blades (he has no teeth!) and sniff around is so great! Cheers to good weather while we all have it!

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

:cool::bighug:;)

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.