Stripes OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Shani, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shani

Shani Member

Hey y'all! It's been one week since Stripes' OTJ party! :D Does that make it 3 weeks OTJ? Anyway, he's still eating FF, and his number was a nice 50 this "morning".

Also, he's finally using his pet bed!! I got it for him way back in... July, I think? I tried coaxing him with treats and catnip and his toys, and he'd lie against it but never in it. And if I put it in his usual sleeping spot, he'd go sleep somewhere else. But now a couple days ago he just got in on his own! Maybe it's the cold weather that makes him want to curl up in it.

With testing only once a week, I'm a little worried about the test strips expiring before I get to use them all. Also, is it too soon to start thinking about selling my remaining Lantus pens? ^^; I have 3 unopened ones and I don't want those to go to waste either.

Mogmom and Goofus likes this.
  2. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Congrats on being OTJ! I would think you could sell at least two of the pens. I held onto Marshmallow's insulin for a couple of months after she went OTJ but I didn't need it. I know ECID, so you could hold on to one of the pens just in case for a little longer. I've read you can store the strips in the fridge to make them last longer but I have no idea if that's really true or not.

3. Shani

Shani Member

Thank you! Well, I still have most of the open pen left. I shot him for only about a month or so before he went OTJ, so there is still a lot in it. I also really need the money right now XD Anyways, thanks!

granadilla likes this.
  4. Shani

Shani Member

Second week after the party! :D Yay!

5. Shani

Shani Member

He turned down his seafood dinner just now! :eek: He's acting fine and has an appetite, I guess he just doesn't like the flavor this time around.

6. Shani

Shani Member

Stripes is very happy and purry today ^^ his numbers are still great! I think I'll start testing only once a month soon.

The weekly testing helped me see that I shift about 6 hours a week, so I can use that for future scheduling! :D

7. granadilla

Yay, go Stripes! BTW, if nobody has bought your extra Lantus pens on the Supply Forum, you could also sell them on Craigslist. :)

8. Shani

Shani Member

Thanks! My Lantus pens were already claimed, though. :)

granadilla likes this.
  9. Shani

Shani Member

Happy after new year! We're 3 months, 1 week OTJ! :D

billysmom (GA) likes this.
  10. granadilla

Yay! Happy New Year! Enjoy life at the falls. :)

Shani likes this.
  11. Shani

Shani Member

1 year+ OTJ, but possibly going out of remission?

I haven't posted here in a while since Stripes has been doing so well, but when I tested him this morning (with fairly new strips), his number seemed just a little bit high. It's still green, but it's higher than his usual 50's and 60's. He doesn't seem to be drinking or peeing much more than usual, so maybe I'm worried over nothing?

I moved with him in September to a new place, and there are other cats around in the house, so it may be just from stress, but his BG in September was normal despite that. I guess I'll keep an eye on it a while longer :S

12. granadilla

Congrats on being over the 1 year mark! You may want to post in the Lantus forum to get some more eyes on his numbers. If it's still green, I wouldn't worry about it, just maybe get in a couple more tests this week and see if it was a fluke. But if his numbers go up or worry you, definitely post in Lantus for some of the more experienced folks to give you feedback. Congrats again on passing the 1 year OTJ anniversary!

13. Shani

Shani Member

Thanks! I'll test him a couple more times and see if it continues to go up. I really hope I'm wrong, cause I can't afford insulin right now! x.x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.