Hello. I am a new member. My cat Dexter has been diabetic for over 5 years. I had been listening to the vets advice and feeding him the dry "prescription" food and testing his blood sugar every 12 hours. Administering lantus depending on what his blood sugar level was. Recently, his fructosamine level was too high, so I am just yesterday starting to switch him too high protein wet can food diet. I just checked his blood sugar on an alpha tracks and it is 86. Should I go ahead and give him his prescribed three units or wait? Also, how long do I wait? Until his number goes up or until his next dose time in 12 hours? Thank you so much and sorry I don't have my spreadsheet yet. I just joined today.