squishy 6/15

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by sugarsquishy, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

good morning for squishy again. he is pretty much use to the home testing and his insulin shots now. he acts like it doesnt even bother him anymore.. yay! i am slowing seeing the insulin and the food starting to bring his ps numbers down. so glad we are doing good. hopefully the success will keep on a coming..

2. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Good morning! It looks like squishy is doing really well. It's great to hear that the testing and shots are getting easier, it does take a little practice to get the technique down. It definitely looks like you are on the right track!

It would be great to get some +7 and later #s if you can, I see on your SS that your DH will try to get some today. That will help you figure out when the nadir is, and how low he gets. When you have a chance, you should also try to do a curve or a mini curve, that would give you a more complete picture of how the insulin works for him. I know that can be hard to fit into busy schedules! Sorry if someone else has already suggested this to you, I haven't been reading all of the threads because I'm still in the learning process myself.

Good for you that you and your DH are both testing and shooting! I'm in the process of teaching my DH, he's not really comfortable with medical-type stuff.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:RAHCAT cat_pet_icon yay! i see that squishy has a lower amps than the day before every single morning! you both are doing wonderful. and he's getting all used to the routine. alot of cats get so used to it they run over to their testing spot and assume the position as soon as you grab your equipment.
    you won't have to test as often in between after you do it once or twice...it's just a barometer now to see that he's dipping low enough for you not to consider a small dose increase. idealy we'd like to see him make it to the blue's, even the greens by his nadir.

4. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

Isn't it amazing how quickly most kitties adapt to testing and shooting. Glad to see you are doing well! Soon, it will be as routine as any other thing in your day!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sugar i just reread your very first post titled 'help'
    you have come such a long way since then.
    you should be very proud of yourself.

6. sugarsquishy

sugarsquishy Member

not sure what happened today. his bg's never seemed to come down very much from his amps. soon time to give him his pmps. hopefully that will be an alright number.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

actually sugar the nadirs are not much different than other days but since they're all yellows it looks like not much happened. also since you started in a lower # you expected to see more drop. now that i look at again, aside from the yellows straight across you had the same day today as you did yesterday if you see what i mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.