Something's wrong with Honey's eye

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Heather & Seasaidh (GA), Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

My civvie, Honey, started squinting his left eye today. There is discharge to the point where his eyelids got stuck together. I'm going to call the vet in the morning and try to get him in.

I think it may be conjunctivitis.

Honey is one of my rescued civvies who showed up in my yard six years ago next month. He was probably about two years old-ish, which would make him around 8 now. He's pretty much a "house feral" and he hasn't been to the vet since I first rescued him and got him neutered.

He hasn't had any problems other than what I suspect is hyperesthesia. He's a very stressed out kitty in general so I do my best to try to keep things as quiet as possible for him.

I'm worried now that maybe he got FIV from Shess. I had another FIV kitty and neither one had transmitted FIV to any of the other cats. But I don't know about Honey since he hasn't been to the vet in six years. If his immune system is compromised because I failed to separate him from Shess then I'll never forgive myself.

I feel like such a bad mommabean and a failure. I can't even get Bumperic to get OTJ. Nothing I do is ever right. I should just give up. :(

2. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Heather)) I can see you are upset but know that Honey is in a great and loving environment. If you hadn't rescued him he would be way worse off, possibly not even here anymore. So try to remember that. I do think the vet is in order, esp when it comes to eye problems. I will be hoping it is just an allergy or something. But you had 2 FIV kitties already and gave them the best life possible so if it is that you and Honey will deal with it.
    Also, not every kitty goes OTJ so try not to compare. You are doing so much for so many kitties it is hard not to be overwhlemed. Let us know what the vet says. :YMHUG:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heather,

You have been a most awesome mommabean to all the kitties and the amount of love you have for them is immense. God knows your love for them and so do I. If any of them could or would talk human words, this is what they'd say: (I hope the youtube feature is working)
    [youtube]M0mpRDh-vic&feature=related[/youtube]

Poor kitty in the video, btw. I hope he found a home as loving to cats as ours. You are the heart of this household to them and to me, too. Give yourself the credit you deserve and know you have done so much good in my eyes.

Shaun

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww Heather, I'd say you were a failure if you were...Wonder Woman or maybe some kind of Saint...but we are ALL just human and doing the best we can with what we have. (YOU included) You have gone above and beyond. WE CANT save them all, nor will we. Dont keep blaming yourself, life is life, live it.

Prayers,
    Jeanne

5. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

these eye things can come on all of a sudden. so do not fret. just take it from here. heck,I have gotten up and all of a sudden wheezer will have a goopy eye or is squinting or something. sometimes a hair gets in there or her irritated it with something, will be OK. you iz a good momma bean :thumbup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.