Snafu One year OTJ

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Janet Qatar, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Just so pleased to tell you that Snafu is officially one year OTJ with no setbacks. He also has a growing pack with cat brother Star adopted last year and the newbie to the Group Carmello who is another Doha Qatar rescue added to the pack just three weeks ago and all are getting along fine.
    Number 4 is a foster cat - isolated in our spare room as she does not want to make friends - she will travel to her new home in the UK in January.

Thanks again to all the wonderful people carmello.jpg IMG_1880.JPG IMG_4004.JPG that helped Snafu and I last year. hope your kitties are all doing well.

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

How wonderful to hear that Snafu is still OTJ and doing well. Success stories are always most welcome!!

And what a gorgeous "pack" of furbabies you have. I love the picture of your two on the stairs...it looks like it was properly posed for. Big kudos to you for continuing to adopt and foster kitties!! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug::bighug: One hug for each kitty and one for you ;)

Janet Qatar likes this.
  3. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Thank you - I also have two foster cats in my friends house - they are waiting to get on a flight on the 17th October and will fly to Philadelphia they were garden cats rescues and the lady could not take them when she left Qatar as she had 8 of her own to fly out with to Dubai- so these two have got a place at a rescue centre in Philadelphia - so they will have a 14 hour flight and I think a 3 hour car ride to the centre , poor babies - but that is better than a life on the streets here in 50 deg C which is the summer temperatures which lasts from June - September . Wish them luck :cat:

4. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

YIKES!!! 50 degrees C...where I am in Canada, we can get up to 40 degrees C, and a bit higher with the humidex readings, but not too often and usually not for a long stretch at once. How fortunate that there are people like yourself giving rescue kitties a chance of a forever home. Even with the time and distance they have to travel, they are going home. You are amazing!!! :bighug: :bighug:

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

So good to hear from you Janet! Love the update on Snafu, Star and newbie Carmello. All three look very happy. You're doing an amazing job rescuing all these kitties, you're really making a difference!

6. Janet Qatar

Janet Qatar Member

Hi Sharon good to hear from you to ! How is Colin ? I wish I could do more to help the cats here there is such a huge problem in this country and no shelters just a few groups of amazing people that do great things I just do a small part when I can to feed the strays and lend a place to crash for fosters

7. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Janet. Colin is doing fine, right now he's out on the front porch, bird watching! Unfortunately there are so many strays all over the world. My friends husband was in your part of the world for a year and came home with two kitties. He told us about the large number of strays that he was feeding while there. Keep doing your small part for as long as you can- it does make a difference!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.