Smokey 7 months OTJ!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Melanie and Smokey, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

We have made it 7 months and still going strong despite some major life changes.

Our 6 months passed without notice because we were all still in shock of losing our Peanut. Smokey had a really, really hard time adjusting to the loss of her little sis and playmate of 12 years and we saw some swinging of BGs, but only one number that made me cringe.

This month we are learning how to deal with a new little sister! We couldn't bear to see Smokey looking for Peanut to play with and crying all the time, so once she seemed to accept that P wasn't coming home, we decided a new kitten might help with her loneliness for a playmate. We knew an older cat would stress her out a lot and she might never accept it (had fosters that she just got worse and worse with), but we are hopeful that a kitten will be less of a threat and eventially become a buddy. It is quite funny (to us anyway!) to watch little Avie just stalk Smokey with a please-please-please-play-with-me-pleeeeeease! look on her face. Smokey acts pretty put out, but I caught glimpes of enjoyment in her face when they interact.

Unfortunately coming from a shelter, Avie came with the herpes virus and an upper respiratory infection that didn't present itself until after a few days in our house. Smokey is showing signs of a possible infection so we started Clavimox yesterday and watching the BGs again.

So to be staying steady in the FD arena despite all the trials of the last 3 months shows how strong my girl is.

2. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Congratulations on two big milestones -- Smokey's annifursary, and your new addition. Sounds like much-needed smiles all around. (Smokey's not smiling yet, but I'm sure she will soon!) :mrgreen:

3. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Way to go Smokey - congrats on 7 months OTJ! I am right behind you (paws crossed)!

Meow,
    Jake (Mom's gray guy)

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Smokey for 7 months OTJ! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

5. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Go Smokey!
    Debie & Jezebel
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.