Small milestone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gill & Mac (UK), Aug 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

Just had to share a small milestone that has just happened.
    Mac is now on his 17th day on insulin & is a much happier cat, better coat condition, drinking less & putting on weight. The changes started to show after just a few days of his injections and were amazing for us to see so quickly.

But today he has caught a mouse! We love all animals and have saved many mice & birds from our 3 cats over the years when we have got to them in time (cats being the hunters they are) and on other times unfortunately been presented with the deceased result of their hunt left on the mat for us.

I would never wish for or be glad for the death of any creature so I am sad for today's mouse but I can't believe that the lethargic, crying for food, constantly thirsty, scrawny & hungry Mac of just over 2 weeks ago actually now has the energy to catch a mouse. Not only that - he brought it through 2 cat flaps and up the stairs to where hubby & I were to show us. Two weeks ago he would plod up those stairs slowly and only if he had to.

I was actually feeling a little down this morning after an injection wrestle (I'll do a separate post for advice on that later) but this small milestone, shame for the mouse as it was, really brought home to me how much he has improved & that the struggle is worth it. He even washed then pounced on his sister yesterday !

Gill :)

ps have a good Bank Holiday today if you are in the UK

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I too mourn the passing of any living creature but I have to admit this made my morning. THANK YOU!

Gill & Mac (UK) and Critter Mom like this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Awww, Mac's saying 'thank you' for helping him to feel so much better!

Thrilled to read your good news, Gill! :cat:

Managing a sugar cat's diabetic needs can indeed be tough going at times, especially during the early days of treatment, but there is also such joy to be had when we see our little ones do well!

(((Gill & Mac)))

:bighug:

Mogs

4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Wonderful that he is clearly feeling so much better, Gill! ....Insulin is amazing stuff, isn't it? But it was your work that enabled this to happen..... :cat:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.