So, I've switched Sid to Fancy Feast and Friskies fully. I'm doing what I can to avoid the high carb and stick to pates. He was actually really playful last night and hopping around playing with his brother. I was kind of shocked. He hasn't drank a BIT of water today...I noticed that since really cutting down the carb food neither kitty in the past two days has touched the water bowl! I do add water to the food Tomorrow Sid is *suppose* to have a vet appt tomorrow, but it will likely be delayed until Tuesday. The reason: My husband works nights and starts work at 1pm. The vet is supposed to call me tomorrow at 10 to discuss my questions about starting with Lantus. I'm not sure how this is going to go, quite honestly. I'm waiting for the pushback over a human vs. non-human insulin, but I can't be sure. It's one of the partner vets since my guy isn't available until Wednesday. I'm pre-judging this, honestly, but I decided I don't want to start Sid on Caninsulin. One, the needles are bigger and I don't want to be doing conversions to use a smaller one. I've got enough to think about. Two, I can get the Lantus from the regular pharmacy, as well as the needles and save money, and I don't have a lot of extra money. Read: none, lol. If the vet will be willing to do the Lantus and work with me, I want to be able to use tomorrow morning before hubby goes to work to get the insulin and the appropriate syringes. Um, what are those again??? What size? So sorry. If he won't, I'll be using the time to get Sidney transferred to a different vet who will work with me. I just don't have the money to start with one insulin and syringes, then switch. Also, I want a vet who will start low, go slow, with Sid. I don't know the does he should be on. He's 11.7 lbs. I want the lowest does. What is that, does anyone know? Thanks so much for all the help. I am really worried about waiting ANOTHER day before getting him started, but I feel really kind of tied here with regards to the husband's schedule (he's the driver and our vet is far) and the vet not having other insulins available. I hope he will be okay. I'm trying my best to make things a good start and easy for all of us.