Salt in cat food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Frogster, Aug 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frogster

Frogster Member

We are trying to find food which will not cause extensive itchiness. But we do not have much choice here. I ordered a couple of cans of Animonda Carny, since it has no chicken or fish in the list. But it contains NaCl (table salt) - wth??? :eek: I mean why? Is it like that in the EU too or is it only for export to less picky territories?
    We are going to give it a try anyway since she is gnawing and scratching herself to blood and we can’t get anything better here so far. I’m just :banghead:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I don't know if common salt is good for cats or not, but in the initial days of Bandit's diagnosis when she was all dehydrated from the excessive peeing, he asked us to add a pinch of salt to her water. But I'm in India - one of those less picky territories! ;-)

3. Frogster

Frogster Member

Less picky territories and time zones mates :bighug::D Salty water is good for rehydration in humans at least. It's just since the time I took my fur baby home I've been constantly told that salt is a no-no for cats :confused:

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Frogster

Frogster Member

Probably salt is not the biggest of concerns after all :confused: Because the list of ingredients on the cans is either not full (and then it still can contain things we are trying to avoid) or it is indeed full, and then each can contains about 35% of basically chalk :eek::eek::eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.