Raw Food Diet (while at work)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, I understand from Nature's Variety that I can leave Raw out for about 45 mins.
    I do thaw what I will be using in the refrigerator for the next day, just curious how those of you feeding Raw manage to leave some out while at work? Currently I am leaving canned out - because one of my love angels will not dream of eating Raw (no matter what I do - I have tried everything - snacks, parmesean cheese, fortiflora, mix in with what she does eat)
    Anyway...would like Baby to have some during the day...is it possible?

2. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

I feed Barclay raw. I leave it for him and don't pick it up at 45 minutes. It does not go bad in a couple hours. And it's rare that there is anything there after that time. If there is some food left by the next feeding, I throw it out. When I know I'm going to be gone longer than usual, I leave a frozen cube of raw under the thawed bit.

Generally, I mix a bit of water in with the raw anyway, which helps to keep it moist.

When we have to feed canned (like when I don't get the shop for raw on time), I hate it. It smells when I open it and it stays smelly until he eats it all. The raw never smells... even in the summer.

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Thanks, Victoria. I am completely sold on Raw - Baby eats it with freeze dried sprinkled on top. I also agreed with another poster - if it sits out then that is OK, because cats in the wild, etc.
    I think I will not be so wasteful, because after 45mins I throw it away. I will try in the evenings to leave it out & see what happens.
    Thank you for your advice.....I do still give Wellness canned because my other furbaby (non Diabetic) refuses Raw..but I am being patient...because I NEVER thought Baby would eat canned, let alone Raw..she wore me out.but has been blessing me since :D

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I've been reticent to leave out raw for an extended period as well. There are timed feeders that come with an ice pack. That would be an option for keeping the food cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.