Possible Neuropathy??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Andrew and Mim, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Mim's left front foot has been sore for a couple of weeks,but seems to be improving - (I had assumed it was a slight injury from being chased around by the kitten). I'm not sure if I'm imagining things but he seems to be walking less on his toes and with his wrist closer to the ground (make sense?)(ie.from his wrist to his elbow is not vertical) . He seems less confident of his footing and I'm wondering if there *could* be a nerve issue. Back legs appear fine!

2. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Mim's numbers seem to be really good. I think neuropathy, which can cause a cat to walk on their hocks, usually happens with really high numbers. I hope someone else comes along who can help you more, but you may need to take him to the vet.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I dont want to worry you but are all paw pads the same temp? Is one paw cooler than the others? If so he could have thrown a clot. That is how I found out my Waldo had heart disease. I sure hope this is not the case.

Jeanne

4. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

Poor Mim! He has been through hell this last month or so. Just wanted to post to let you know Indy & I are thinking of you guys and keeping our respective "paws" crossed that he gets to feeling better soon. He deserves a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.