PMPS 116 +.25 141, +1 149, +2 129, +3 119 +4 110, +5 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy S, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

She's 334. So she's high enough to shoot anyway right?

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Yes, you can shoot (at regular time/no need to wait) - just realize that the AMPS may be food influenced and there could be a drop after the food wears off. What carb % was the food you left in the feeder (that I assume she ate)? Will you be able to check at +2-3 this morning?

Mandy S likes this.
  4. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Good..thank you! I can check her. She's been running high so I really wanted to get that dose in. I'm hating seeing these pinks.
    Her foods were between 5 and 7%.

tiffmaxee and LizzieInTexas like this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It was fine. As you figured out the food influence is only an issue if low. :)

Critter Mom and Mandy S like this.
  6. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

If it's a Petsafe 5 and the tray only partly rotated, try placing the food tray into the feeder and press the button that rotates the tray several times until it goes back into the correct position. This should reset the mechanism to rotate the tray to the correct position for the rest of the feeding cycle.

How's the trip going?

Mogs

7. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

It is a petsafe 5 but it didn't get stuck...i honestly don't know what happened. I fill them starting with the snack she's getting when I go to bed then a couple more to open in the night and rotating to empty for the last one before amps. This morning it was open on the last one with food...and all the other ones had rotated thru like she didn't eat it...and she would have had they opened but they weren't touched. Almost like it went backwards. But i know it didn't because i fill them and then hit the rotate button to get the first one to the open hole before I close the lid just to make sure its working. Timers were okay too. So really I have no idea. But...I was so tired it's possible I messed it up somehow and just didn't realize it.

Trips going great! Beautiful park. My husband just left to fish so my 13 year old daughter, Katy, and I are enjoying a fire with the dogs. Sissy is curled up snoozing in the camper. It makes you not want to go home. Lol

@tiffmaxee , Just did a +9 on Sissy about 45 min ago and she was 74. She's dropped a lot today.
    I know that means another reduction for SLGS but was hoping to not take the reduction unless she goes under 70? Or should I still knock her back to .25?
    She's really been running higher than before. I worry about staying higher for too long.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Sissy PMPS is 116. I'm going to stall and retest.
    I really don't want to skip...could I do .25?

9. tiffmaxee

Mandy, it’s up to you.

10. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

She was up to 144 at pmps +15 so we went ahead and did a .25 dose. We'll keep an eye on her tonight.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the reduction, I hope she behaves for you tonight.

Mandy S likes this.
  12. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Me too! :)
    Me too! I was curious where she was an hour after eating and shooting...she's only 149. Hopefully she won't go low. I know the Lantus doesn't kick in for 2 to 3 hours...so whatever she is now is what she's wearing off from today and from food, correct?

13. tiffmaxee

Another ECID. Max usually would onset between +2-3. Others onset at &1. Max always got a food bump. He was very carb sensitive.

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

15. tiffmaxee

Every Cat Is Different. Lol.

16. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

OH! Lol Got it!:D

17. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Well, we're at plus 4 and down to 110.
    She ate her regular meal at pmps...the her next one opened at +3...next one is scheduled for +6 and then she'll eat at pmps after that.
    Should I give her a few bites in between to try to keep her from going to low?

We're camping so up late but I need to sleep a bit now. I'm going to set a timer and check again at 5 and then see if I can sleep longer...but wondered if I should give her food...or split up what she has in the timer into a few snacks...smaller but more frequent.

I know 110 is a good number... but since she's going down it makes me a little nervous. Hoping she hits her nadir by +6 so i can sleep a few more straight hours.