Peeka 9/5 Updates from yesterday/Should we curve 9/7

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing server issues, but I can't respond to anything from my previous posts. To update from a couple of things from yesterday, Peeka has had soft stool for a few months now, since her enema, even before her diet change and her diagnosis of diabetes. If a probiotic would help, I can get her any recommendations. She is still enjoying her food, although I am wondering if it could be causing more frequent trips to have to go potty? At the same time, I want to try and help regulate those levels. I've been noticing some trends in her levels, typically +2 in the mid 200's and PS in the mid-high 300's. not sure if anyone else can see what I see.

She is still able to make some walks at distances without a break, it isn't pretty. Specifically her back right leg seems to have the most trouble. I'm hoping that will continue to get better in time, it does sort of seem like her legs are weaker, despite her being able to make those walks. Not sure if that makes sense, I could just be hyper aware and acting like a helicopter parent.

My last question, in the midst of a diet change with Peeka, would performing a curve be beneficial? Since there is still a possibility that we may not be 100% Dr. Elseys and that her BG levels could change with that switch, I'm just curious if it would be worth it to perform the curve? If it is, I am still planning on staying around the house for that exact reason.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, everyone was experiencing server issues.:nailbiting:

Going by Peeka's spreadsheet, yes, it would be a good day for a curve.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

One way to look at this neuropathy Peter is, Peeka didnt become a diabetic over night. It DOES take time. Shes not in near as much discomfort as you are making yourself. It IS hard to watch. I remember poor Trouble. He was BIG boy and it looked like his weight was making it much worse. But in time he did fine. Peeks will too. :bighug:
    j.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

A curve won't do any harm, Peter. It might give you more of an idea about nadir at the very least.

Mogs

5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

ahhhh, I know. I feel like I complain or am upset about the same stuff every day.

sounds good, I’ll keep everyone posted about that.

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

eh no biggie. We ALL did it:D

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.