Peeka 9/18 AMPS 341 +2 175

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Had some higher numbers last night. Not sure if I didn't give her a proper shot, but this morning looked better. Going to need some advice though, Peeka will get hungry around 3:00-4:00 a.m. and want a little snack. This type of behavior isn't unusual for her or Boo, they will wake one of us up pretty early, even if they have food in their bowl and just want us to show them food. It does cut pretty close to the 2 hour pre shot window and I think her AMPS would be lower were it not for that snack. Should I show them their food a little bit earlier in the morning to avoid a potential spike with her BG levels? Or does the spike not matter as much since it is still currently over the 300 level we are shooting for?

Have to go back to work tonight and tomorrow, Peeka went potty twice yesterday and wasn't feeling up to going before I left. Hoping she goes for my sister to avoid the wife having to deal with any of that. Next weekend I will be off of work from my 2nd job so I will be able to collect some PMPS and later tests as well to get a better read on things.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you think Peeka and Boo would eat from a timed feeder? That may eliminate you getting up that early all together.

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. jt and trouble (GA)

I only ask because I know Zoe wouldnt eat from one. Shes a creature of routine If she sees a fluff of fur that wasnt there yesterday She approaches it cautiously and has to touch it with her paw to make sure it isnt something that will eat her. :rolleyes:

4. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

They for sure would, the issue is having it in a place where they could get to it and not the dog. Peeka can’t jump onto the chair that leads to her food bowl at the moments. As soon as she’s able to, I would have no issues getting a timed feeder.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  5. jt and trouble (GA)

Ahhh yeah I forgot...sigh

6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I don't mind waking up and helping out with the food (good practice for the baby) but I also don't want it to negatively skew the numbers. I do feel like we are on a good track currently, hopefully the change to Prozinc will help also.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  7. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

If she's microchipped, there are feeders you can program to open only when they sense that microchip. They are expensive, though.

8. jt and trouble (GA)

Makes PURRRRFECT sense you're gonna be a good daddy! :bighug::):cool:

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Once Peeka's neuropathy gets to the point where she can jump back up on things, I have no problems having the timed feed. May need to buy 2 to make sure both cats are getting fed enough!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.