Peeka 9/17 Higher numbers after dose increase

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Updated Peeka's spreadsheet. Still getting higher than normal numbers after her dose increase, wondering if this is normal, and it will take some time to go down?

Also spoke with our vet about switching over to Prozinc yet again. He is all for it, since he took a look at her spreadsheet yesterday and he was concerned about her higher PS numbers. As soon as he gets some more in, he will let me know and we can start her on the Prozinc.

Last thing worth note, Peeka woke me up at an ungodly hour this morning to be fed. My wife made a comment that even though she still has neuropathy, she is still the same crank when she wants to be fed. After she was done eating, she used the litter box for both items all by herself. Needless to say I was very proud and relieved!

That's all I've got, as always, thanks to anyone who continues to follow with these updated despite there not being much worth noting. Still hoping for lower numbers and continued improvement with her neuropathy.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Not a bad update Peter not so much the highers numbers (but this is still the new dose) but for you Vet being on board with the insulin change . :cool:

LB news is BIG news GO PEEKA GO! literally :p

Patience wins this marathon.;)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

He has been very supportive throughout everything. I know there is some level of disappointment here regarding FD and the vets who don't know too much about it, but our vet has done an incredible job of being open to suggestions and changes regarding the diabetes, even doing his own additional research to learn more about how to treat it.

I do feel like we are making some improvements with Peeka (not without the setbacks of course) so I just want to make sure we try and stay on track with everything.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

My Vet was exactly the same. She was ALL on board with FDMB.

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Is this unusual behaviour for Peeka? How many hours after her insulin dose did this happen?

Mogs

6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

This is par for the course, honestly. Even when they have food in their bowls, they will wake us (me) up to show them the food. Peeka probably hadn't eaten in 5-6 hours or so and had made her way into our room and was causing a ruckus to get our attention to be shown her food bowl.

This happened 9 hours after her dose.

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

It's something to keep an eye on, Peter. Sometimes cats behave like that when they're running low. At +9 she should be on the rise but there are times when a cat nadirs late. Also, Peeka's on a new dose so if she does get insistently hungry like that it's no harm to check what she's running at. (Note: High numbers can also make cats hungry but it's better to assume that they might be running low and get a BG reading for safety.)

It's great that you're getting the PS tests now. :)

Mogs

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  8. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Sounds good! Like I mentioned, even pre diabetes she would come into the room like that, mess with things to get our attention only to want some food, so this is more of a return to behavior as opposed to the outlier. I definitely did consider getting a test in, but without contacts or glasses, I didn’t think much more about it. That and my 3 am brain lol

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Peeka PMPS 301 her neuropathy seemed to be a little worse today. Could anyone tell me if some days are worse than others? Or is there a correlation between bad days and higher numbers? Idk

10. jt and trouble (GA)

:( I dont know either.

11. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

May have just been temporary. She made her way from the laundry room to under our bed without me hearing her. Normally I can hear her walking about.

12. jt and trouble (GA)

AwwwwwwwwwwwPeeeeka:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.