Peeka 9/11 Mixed Feelings/Insulin Change?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning,

my wife sent a video last night of Peeka’s walk shortly after insulin was administered, her hind end is dragging quite a bit. I’m sure this is just part of it, we’ve also noted that she hasn’t been able to jump on the ottoman anymore. Every time I get upset about these developments I just try and keep reminding myself that we have got her started on the right track.

Her AMPS was 297 today, while I know it’s still high, it’s also the lowest PS reading we have gotten thus far. I’ll be able to get a +2 before work and hopefully some later tests when I get home tonight. I’ll try and collect as much data as I can this weekend to determine if a higher dosage is needed.

My wife and I also discussed the possibility of switching to Prozinc. I know it’s a longer lasting insulin, and many people here seem to use it. If it’s something that will help out, I’m willing to switch to it for Peeka, I just want to try and get this ordeal sorted as quickly and safely possible. We are expecting our newborn in December, and I’d like to not have to stress about this by that time if at all possible. Even if she’s just able to make it to her litter tray, that would be a huge plus.

I really don’t have much else to add, I get optimistic about seeing these “lower” numbers, but then I visually see her still struggling to move around and feel down again. She’s mostly just been laying around on her side if she’s not moving to the water bowl. She’s had accidents pretty much every day for the last week if someone isn’t home to physically take her to her litter tray. Idk, I just want to make sure we are doing the right things here and that the results will come in time.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.