OTJ It's Official - Monkey is in remission!

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Monkey Maine Coon, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey Maine Coon

Monkey Maine Coon Member

otj_icon It's official today - day 14! Monkey has never been completely healthy until now, in the 8 months since we adopted him from our local shelter. He had severe irritable bowel syndrome at first, but was not diabetic until after 6 months of being treated with prednisolone. He was also put on Hill's Prescription I/D kibble by his vet for the IBS. After his diabetes diagnosis with BG over 600, he was put on 4 units of Humulin N BID, and his prednisolone was stopped entirely (we had been tapering his dose down for several months).

Thanks to the internet and the excellent advice and support on this forum, on July 24 we switched his diet to nothing but Halo "Spot's Pate" canned ground chicken, and as you can see by his SS, his BG began to plummet. I chose to use the Halo brand because of their web page, which has a report written by a veterinarian, who is also available for consultation by phone. Her advice is about about the benefits of feeding canned pate.

otj_icon So here we are today, exactly one month later - and he is officially OTJ!

As a further benefit of the switch to canned pate, his BM's are now completely normal (no more little soft piles), and he has completely stopped vomiting (he only vomited the dry kibble - never the canned pate).

So now it's his canned food anniversary party! :RAHCAT flip_cat dancing_cat cat_pet_icon

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone on this board! drinking24 party_cat

2. ChEMom

ChEMom Member

I could have sworn I posted a bit CONGRATULATIONS yesterday. But it's not here. So CONGRATULATIONS Monkey! Welcome to the Falls! :RAHCAT :dizcat

3. Monkey Maine Coon

Monkey Maine Coon Member

Sorry, my fault - you did post yesterday. I put my OTJ post in two places. I originally added it to the post about Monkey's vacation being good for him - then I thought I was supposed to make a brand new subject for announcing OTJ. I was going to delete the first one, but by then several friends were posting their congratulations there - so I left it. Sorry for all the confusion on my part. confused_cat

I guess it is a good thing that I haven't been on the board long enough to know how to use it properly - and now won't be needing the help with Monkey for awhile - a long while I hope.

My heartfelt thanks to all who have been so kind and patient. :YMHUG:
    Donna

4. Jezebel

Jezebel Member

Whoo Hoo!
    OTJ is the only way to be!
    Congratulations!
    Debie & Jezebel
    :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.