oops fed an hour ago forgot to test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anonymous, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i goofed. i fed an hour ago....forgot to test.
    if i test now will i get a # that would naturally be higher and not accurate for a shot.
    i give him a snack about 9 pacific time...should i wait and test before that meal or test and shoot now.

2. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

Hi Lori,
    We've all forgotten at one time or another.

If it's been longer than twelve hours you might want to go ahead and test and shoot, but if less, then you can wait until snack time if that is close to your shot schedule.

Best,
    Pam & Layla

3. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

HI Lori !!

You guys using PZI now that back on the juice?
    and you are saying that you feed an hour before you shoot normally and it is time to shoot? so your preshot is really an hour before shot?? eta I am a little unclear about that. do you not always test right before shot?

Is he known for big food spikes?
    I was a lantus user,and it wouldn't matter unless a kitty's very food sensitive and needed to be precisely timed for nadir.
    ARe you shooting BID? Do you need to stay on a sced for your work?
    you can always do some extra spot checks since the food will hit his system differently-- Hey I know how you like to stay up late :mrgreen:

how have his numbers been running? do you have them posted anywhere? maybe next couple days when you are back on track get some +1's and +2s and then you can collect some data .

give tom a pat for me.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi cheryl!! yes we do know how i love to stay up all night LOL
    anyway the question is now kind of mute for tonight, still i wonder.
    normally we shoot on a pmps or amps of 12 hours and usually it's before a meal, usually several hours before a meal.
    i guess what i want to know is if i test an hour or 2 or even 3 will i see #'s that are naturally a little higher becuase of food. especially if it's an hour after food.
    i will put a spread sheet up once i figure that out. he's on pzi idexx and it' only been 6 days. we are just kinda relearning the whole thing.
    that nite we talked ALL nite long, that was his last nite before the falls. 2+ years!
    can't believe it's been that long.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i just tested 3 hours since dinner. got 143 and fed snack (raw rabbit 1 ounce) can't shoot this # as he has had a few self come downs.
    we are using pzi idexx.
    i'm waiting patiently until i find help getting his spread sheet up for review. anyone can pm me if they want to help me with this.
    lori
    and tomtom too.

6. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi Lori,

not a PZI user but food usuaully causes some level of spike for up to 2 hours (at least 1). Some kitties obviously more carb sensitive than others.

You might want to look and post in tech forum for help with posting your SS. Took me ages too with a lot of help from Heather!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good idea kate, guess i'll post there too, i've posted everywhere eles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.