Oh no!! My first fur shot!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Norbert’s Mom, Aug 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

I had my first fur shot this evening. I went right along the side of Norbert’s “skin tent”. I felt the wetness smelled the Lantus (that’s a distinct smell!). Give him another dose? Wait and let him spike tonight, and give the morning dose tomorrow?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Never give more insulin after a fur shot. You have no idea how much actually got injected. It happens and yes lantus is...well you KNOW lantus when you smell lantus. :p
    You just have to bite the bullet and wait for the 12 hours then resume.

3. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

Well, it was bound to happen. Of course, it would happen when I’m heading out of town for work! BUT... my awesome hubs is on the job :D

4. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Use a flashlight or a lamp aimed at the spot. It’s usually happens because you’re not seeing what you’re aiming for. If you can see the needle go in and out, you’ll never have a fur shot again. I do it when I test to. Light is your friend!

5. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

I’m so silly! I have one of those little headlights I use when testing and I just took advantage of him laying in my hubby’s arms. Went right past his skin. Ugg! :banghead:

6. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I didn't see you post over on the L&L forum today. Was wondering how y'all were doing. Norbert took a dip in the lagoon today. Woohoo:D:D:cool:

You know they need to make a shirt for us beans with sweet ones that says, "FurShots Happen!" Ewww I like it. K no one steal it:p;) I own the rights to that phrase LOL(JK)! But in all seriousness. We all do it. Norbert will forgive you. Not to mention no late night visits with the sharks. Sleep is a valuable asset around these parts;)
    I hope you have a great evening:)

7. Norbert’s Mom

Norbert’s Mom Member

Thank you @Briere Fur Mom! I love that t-shirt idea :p
    I was very happy with my boy today!!

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Make yourself a "Furshot jar"....every time you give a furshot, you put $5 in it and at Christmas, you buy Norbert a nice Christmas present!

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I second that!

10. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Just the thing! Go nicely with my patience pants. ;)

Mogs

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.